New LR 6.5

Ernie

SPONSOR
I thought this would be finished and ready to roll for the MOA comp, but I didn't have the time to get the load tweaked, so I shot the 7mm SAUM.
This is a center-grip XP, built by Mac's Gunworks, chambered in 6.5 Leopard (Norma 270 WSM brass necked down to 6.5). Benchmark 1-8 twist barrel, Modified H-S stock (Cerakote paint job by Mac's Gunworks), Dell trigger, Mac brake. S&B 4-16 (Holland's all MOA ART Reticle). H-1000, Fed 210M's, and 130 Berger's.
MV should be around 3000 fps or so--not chronoed yet.
I call it the "Pink Panther."
This is one of the 5-shot groups at 100 yards that Chuck shot off the bi-pod and small leather field bag. Measured .402 lightbulb
He also was smacking steel at 500 some as well.
This is my first Benchmark barrel, and I am going to like it a lot, I can tell.
PinkPanther.jpg

XP65Leopard.jpg

Last edited:
Good thing you like pistols..... I see lots of pictures of new guns you would need a HUGE safe if your building rifles..haha nice setup

Just under 18" and I use H-1000.
I have a rear-grip specialty handgun in the same chambering (Krieger barrel) and the MV is 3095 fps with the 130 Berger.
This load is 1 grain under what the Krieger barrel liked.

Ernie: Thanks for the post.
Everybody else: Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.