New LR Bench Rig

This is a 1-piece stock, and since it is 6 inches wide in the forend, I seriously doubt anyone would consider it, "An added vertical forend grip," since the forend is permanent and is not designed to be held with your other hand.

Very nice rig Ernie!

You may want to read this NFA reg., that front vertical box section could be construed as a hand grip.

Adding a Vertical Fore Grip to a Handgun | ATF

SSP

Not worried.
The 3 inch wide bottom connects the grip to that other part that is forward anyway.
If This was a XP 100 R action that front part is where the magazine would be to hold more ammunition.
I do not believe anyone would consider a mag well area/location to be a forend.
The forend is 6 inches wide.
The pistol grip is 3 inches wide.
I just got to put together last night
I haven't had an opportunity to shoot it yet

Last edited:
Going to go shoot it tomorrow with some fireforming loads.
Pretty excited.
I will have to do a lot of case prep to get it ready for the match which begins this coming Thursday.
No minute like the last minute
biggrinjester.gif

If the fireforming loads Eric put together shoot great, I will use the fireforming loads for the first part of the match 500 yards.
If that happens, then all I will have to do is develop a load for the formed brass.
Plan on using CCI small rifle magnum primers, H-4350, and 105 Berger Hybrids.
It does not have a traditional recoil lug either.
In efforts to keep the weight down there is an internal lug that was milled out on the bottom of the action itself.

WOW Ernie that's a monster, I did not see the weight but I'm going to guess 13lbs?

On the SBR thing I don't think this in any way qualifies, no matter how inept an ATF agent may be. There are just to many factors involved, Ernie would literally have to insult the agents mother to her face (I don't see him doing that) and then he would only be gotten on a very long stretch of a technicality after all other charges were filed it would be dropped. Not to mention they do not consider the grip on the MSR, AUG or the TAVOR to be a forward vertical grip, kind of silly to even bring it up.

It weighs just under 7 pounds.
barnesuser28 nailed it :)
WOW Ernie that's a monster, I did not see the weight but I'm going to guess 13lbs?

On the SBR thing I don't think this in any way qualifies, no matter how inept an ATF agent may be. There are just to many factors involved, Ernie would literally have to insult the agents mother to her face (I don't see him doing that) and then he would only be gotten on a very long stretch of a technicality after all other charges were filed it would be dropped. Not to mention they do not consider the grip on the MSR, AUG or the TAVOR to be a forward vertical grip, kind of silly to even bring it up.

Carbon Fiber with very little reinforcement can do a lot with a little.
Even the aluminum pillars were minimized for weight, as well as a hardened aluminum brake.

After some more fiddling around, I thought I might be able to make weight with a 30mm tube.
Yea! Sightron S-III 6-24 with MOA reticle.
7 pounds and 7 ounces. I am an ounce under weight and I already have the sunshade on it. Talk about closelightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.