New Knight mountaineer vs knight disc extreme

bigshow

I'm in the market of a new muzzleloader. I only want a knight. I have held both and like both. I have also held the Knight long range hunter. Knight is offering there long range hunter on sale price with the leupold muzzleloader scope in .52cal for gun and scope for $800.00 because there being discontinued. What is the thoughts of which to get. I want the .52cal version. I thank you all in advance.

I Bought a Disc Extreme this year. Mine will not shoot BH209. Take this into consideration to make your choice. It will shoot 777 just fine. They have load data in the owners manual, so one would think it would work with BH209. But NO. Yes I am using magnum primers, just getting misfires and hangfires.

My buddy has the disc extreme and it shoots bh209 with no problem and his cousin has the mountaineer it too shoots the bh209 with no problem. Maybe ur muzzleloader is finky like my old tc omega. It would only shoot good with loose powder not pellets. No mis-fires with loose powder.

I contacted Knight about the problem with the BH209. They seemed reluctant to help. I tried one of their vented breech plugs with the same results. There is just not enough spark getting through.

If you go to their websites you will get better info than I can tell you. The BH209 is not corrosive and gives better velocities. That is why I wanted to use it. The 777 gives good velocity, but is mildly corrosive and does leave a crud ring in my gun. I'll need to use my Magnetospeed next time out to see exactly how it does.

I have all three and they all shoot very well with everything I put down the barrel with the wright powder charge. and using the bare primer for BH209 is the way to go.

I contacted Knight about the problem with the BH209. They seemed reluctant to help. I tried one of their vented breech plugs with the same results. There is just not enough spark getting through.

You must have one of the old disc extremes if your having blow back around your primer your not getting full spark to the powder if so its your head spacing need to be worked on. and I hope your using the bare primer breech plug.

I'm gonna go with the mountianeer in the .52cal in bare primer, 275gr bloodline and bh209. What's yalls thought on the leupold scope they offer

I'm gonna go with the mountianeer in the .52cal in bare primer, 275gr bloodline and bh209. What's yalls thought on the leupold scope they offer

I'm not a big fan of the lower end Leupolds. I've had most people not believe me , but I had a situation once where I could see a deer in low light with just my eyes and not be able to see it in the scope. I've used a lot of cheaper scopes in my days and only ever had problem with a V-2 3-9x40.

Knight all the way for me, my Elite sports a Zeiss 3-9 Conquest.

Md reloader, you must have some issue that needs to be worked out. I've shot B209 in all my Knights just fine, that even includes the older 'Original' with the orange discs.

Knight all the way for me, my Elite sports a Zeiss 3-9 Conquest.

Md reloader, you must have some issue that needs to be worked out. I've shot B209 in all my Knights just fine, that even includes the older 'Original' with the orange discs.

I'm thinking I might try the breech plug Knight has that is just for loose powder . Everything I have should be working. It just isn't setting off the charge.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.