knight Disc 45 ml

sticknstring

My go-to gun is a Thompson encore in 50 cal. I just picked up a knight Disc in 45 cal. I've always shot 50 cal's. Don't know much about this caliber or rifle. Can anyone suggest some load combinations that are fairly accurate and are capable of 100-200 yrd shots? Thanks in advance.

My deer load is 120 gr BH209, Win 209 primer, and a 200 gr SST in a brown Knight Sabot. This setup is giving 2" groups at 250 yards. I am set for deer and antelope, now if I could only draw a tag.

That's impressive Hntbambi! I hope this one shoots that well! Thanks for your input. Any other suggestions?...there's got to be more of these smokepoles in the field...

When it had the plastic stock, it shot about 2 MOA at 100 yards. Not bad for ML distances but not great. I bought a laminated wood stock from Knight and did a proper bedding job on it and the groups shrunk like magic.

Firm bullet seating is key to good ignition. I am getting 2365 fps with this setup. (elevation 4250' asl)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts