New guy from WA

JJD

I'm on the dry ("Right") side of WA.
Lots of wide open country to shoot on.

I have been tinkering with long distance shooting for a number of years, but I'm a long stretch from knowing it all.

My Dad was a smith and I learned much from him, should have paid more attention.
Something he did when work got slow was to sporterize Mausers. This was back in the day when you could buy an old military Mauser rifle for $20 - $30.

I learned reloading from him in the 60's, I am still kind of stuck in the old ways and am hoping ya all can help bring me up to speed. I am retiring soon and will have time to mess around more with reloading and long range shooting.

I spent most of my $$ on hunting, fishing and retrieving dogs, the rest I just pretty much wasted :)

welcome from Coeur d alene,IDAHO. If you have questions ask away people here are usually straight forward. I have noticed if something is posted wrong just sit tight and someone will correct it.

So welcome again
ODAVID

Welcome! Care to narrow down your location?

First let me say that I am sorry for being so long in getting back to this thread, I have been having internet issues for several months, all provider, not virus. New provider, hope issues are now resolved.

In answer to your question, I'm approx 30 mi west of you.

Thanks to all for the welcomes :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.