New guy from SW WA

CIPuyleart

I'm new to the forum, but no new to hunting or shooting. Grew up in N. Idaho and get a chance to go back and hunt elk every few years.

Stumbled onto this forum (and some others) after my recent acquisition of a Ruger PR in 308 (not for hunting), which led me to start looking for glass for that rifle, which seems to have led me down the path of re-fitting all of my rifles with new glass that is better suited to how I like to shoot and hunt.

Ultimately, I ended up here because, while I'm still looking for the right glass for the RPR, I'm also now starting to look for something to go on my Rem 700 7mm Mag that gets carried all over the mountains in those fall elk hunts. And it seems that as my list of "wants" gets more defined, the list of options I can find becomes non-existent. So, I'm hoping maybe the people here might be able to point me in the direction of some options I haven't looked at yet...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.