New form of competitive shooting?

LOL

"There probably wouldn't be big price money, maybe some prizes from sponsors and alittle money to the top guys. Make it affordable (not $450 to enter a match) and have some fun doing it"

You are definitely on the right track for guys like me because I'm well aware I'm not winning any prize money anyway :D. For me its all about meeting better shooters than myself and learning from them and as you put it so well, have some fun doing it!

LOL

"There probably wouldn't be big price money, maybe some prizes from sponsors and alittle money to the top guys. Make it affordable (not $450 to enter a match) and have some fun doing it"

You are definitely on the right track for guys like me because I'm well aware I'm not winning any prize money anyway :D. For me its all about meeting better shooters than myself and learning from them and as you put it so well, have some fun doing
+1 that's the whole idea if there is money involved it takes a lot of the fun out of it . It would be moor of a learning tool and a social event and great way to train younger hunters coming into the sport so they can learn limitations and be able to take ethical shots when in the field

I'm loving this idea! Especially to get the younger crowds into learning limitations and honing skills. I don't even know how many times I've seen a pile of guys go out and buy their gear the day before season opens and then overhear them brag to each other about how far they can shoot something with their brand new shiny rifle/bow!!!!:rolleyes: with something like this nationwide and ingrained into the culture, it could really help the sport. Aside from jumping into all the rules of "do and don't", limitations etc... Make it easy for folks to get involved and it really should grow legs and run!!!

I'm not familiar with PRS but maybe limit the number of follow up shoots. So like two shots per target or scenario to add more realism.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts