Competitive Shooting Help

sextonds

My shooting partner and I are looking to get into competitive shooting, just to have some fun. I'm not sure where to start or which route is best for us. I've looked into PRS, which has 1 regional event in our state (KY) for all of 2021. Also looked at NRL events. Seemed it was only large events across the country, with none being in KY. Any help would be appreciated.

Our Gear-
His- MPA Production 6.5 CM with Vortex Razor
Mine- MPA Matrix Chassis, Lone Peak, Brux 6.5x47L. Nightforce NX8

Well you already have some good PRS rifles with MPA. There are other forums specifically for PRS. Look at "What the Pros use" for equipment. Check for PRS matches in you area and go as a spectator. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Most competitors would be glad to help you out. It's a great sport and getting more exposure through the county. Be careful that you don't get bit by the bug or catch the PRSVIRUS while you are at a match because you will need have a good bank account.

Looks like there's 3 PRS matches left in Pleasureville for the year. Like @Coyote Shadow Tracker said you may want to hit those as a spectator (or shoot a couple and 'spectate' one) and do some 'networking'. 😉