• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED New, Deadly Precision 7WSM

grit

I built this rifle for myself. I've decided to offer a limited number of ready to ship customs. As much as I hate to let it go, I'm offering this as the first one.

Attachments

• 7 WSM for sale .JPG
    7 WSM for sale .JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 5
Here are the specs:
The action is a stainless Rem 700, meticulously trued for accuracy, lapped and polished for smooth function. I've added a precision ground, heavy recoil lug, mini m16 extractor, and tactical knob. The knob taper is cut at 15 degrees to match the swept back handle.

Barrel is a Benchmark #6, 8 twist, cut at 27". The 8 twist will handle the longest VLD's available.

The stock is a quality laminate shaped to my idea of perfect. Features include, a high monte carlo style comb, a vertical grip, palm swell, wide comfortably squared forend, three swivel studs, and a limbsaver recoil pad. The paint is a superb quality textured camo.

Bottom metal is a PTG Obendorf style. The fitting is skin tight, and flawless. The WSM feeds smoothly from a center feed mag box.

Trigger is a Timney.

The brake is an effective and attractive MAX.

Weight of rifle is a solid, comfortable, 9.75 lbs.

Metal finish is KG, deep flat black. The black has a faint satin sheen, love this black.

Comments: The fit and finish are superb. Starting with an unfinished stock allows me to fit and blend wood and metal seamlessly. The rifle is extremely accurate, stable, and mild mannered. Accuracy is proven. The rifle feeds, extracts, and ejects smoothly. Barrel break in is done. Total round count for break in, function, and accuracy testing is 40.

Bolt knob and paint:

Attachments

• 7 wsm knob and paint .JPG
    7 wsm knob and paint .JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 11
Max brake. Nice design, superbly machined...

Attachments

• 7 WSM brake .JPG
    7 WSM brake .JPG
    58 KB · Views: 8
Test target. Shot off a bipod, with rear bag, some mirage and wind. This .38" group represents how well I was able to shoot under the conditions. The rifle has much more potential.

Attachments

• 7 wsm target .JPG
    7 wsm target .JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
Price is $3050 for rifle. Ship and insurance in continental US, to your ffl, $65.

For a nice package, I have a new Sightron SIII, MOA, 6-24....$850
20 MOA rail. Will bed to action....$125
TPS rings....$85

Phone is the best way to reach me. Number is below in sig line. I am sometimes slow with the emails.

Took it for another spin today. Want to get to shoot it a bit before it's sold. I shot at 600. 1,000, and 1380. The rifle made 'em all feal easy. gun):D

The brake is called MAX. I get them from Brian at shoot-long.com

Can you say a little more about the stock, do you make them too? Rifle looks really sweet, would it shoot the lighter balls with that twist?

Nice build...

The stock started as a varmint style Fajen. I wanted to blend the look and lines of a sporter style with tactical / long range features. One of my favorite stocks is Manners MCS-T. My stock shares the same basic design, with my ideas for perfecting it. I made the grip more vertical and the palm swell slightly more pronounced. The comb is higher, wider, and has a "shadow monte carlo style". The forend is very similar to the MCS-T. It is 1/8 " wider, close to parallel with the bore, and the swivel stud placement is slightly wider. The wider stud placement accommodates a harris bipod with a pod-loc. A limbsaver finishes things off. The paint is a two part urethane, similar to Manners and McMillan. My paint is significantly tougher! The paint has a nice texture, and will hold it's color forever. There are no mold lines, or sanding marks, as often seen on others. I took care to seal the barrel channel, inletting, and under the recoil pad to keep the stock impervious to wet conditions. I spent many hours shaping this stock to get it "just right". I have plans to produce the stock in the future, but am not there yet.

The barrel will handle any 7mm bullets you want to run. I prefer 180 - 190 vld's and set it up to be able to handle these.

Can you say a little more about the stock, do you make them too? Rifle looks really sweet, would it shoot the lighter balls with that twist?

Nice build...