New cva accura

Very nice. Hadn't seen this, but seems more expensive for essentially the same idea. Law of diminishing returns??? I'm surprised someone isn't getting sued for patent infringement.
Yeah, CVA didn't invent it if i'm not mistaken so Arrowhead and Hankins should be cashing in 😉 and It's quite a bit different actually. Be like a patent on a Bic Lighter. Worthless.

Last edited:
My nephew bought the new cva accura with the collapsible ramrod. It's a beautiful muzzleloader but I hate the collapsible ramrod. First, I hate that you have to carry the ramrod separately. 2nd, it fits together like tent poles and pulls apart very easily. A warning to anyone considering buying one that you need to be careful about your choice of bullets. Cva recommends powerbelts so that is what my nephew got. He bought some that I forget the model but when seated his second shot, the ramrod got stuck in the barrel and when he tried to pull it out the ramrod separated. We had to pull the breach plug and knock it out. What happened was the end of the ramrod is designed to handle pointed bullets and the bullet got stuck in the end of the ramrod.

I talked him into the accura because I have last years model and I love it. Don't know that I will buy another if the only option is the collapsible ramrod.
solutipn is simple, buy a
bullet seating swag designed for pointed bullets. because it is separate from the rifle you can leave it screwed in. i have a short 1/2 inch model that works fine. i love it. longer falls together like a blind mans cane and leaves the barrel clean so no screws needed

solutipn is simple, buy a
bullet seating swag designed for pointed bullets. because it is separate from the rifle you can leave it screwed in. i have a short 1/2 inch model that works fine. i love it. longer falls together like a blind mans cane and leaves the barrel clean so no screws needed
The ramrod is not threaded that it comes with.

I bought an MR-X this past year, had some issues getting it setup and to lock up tight but once that was figured out everything worked fine. Took some load testing to figure out what it likes and is now around 3/4" @ 100yds using 3 White Hot Pellets and 285gr Hornady bore drivers.
The ramrod is trash, and my broken one went in the trash. I have just been using a brass range rod that breaks down, I need to get a better one though. Otherwise no other complaints. It is MUCH faster to reload than the old Knight DISC I have.