CVA Accura Nitride

WildRose

Mario has given me the ML bug and I'm starting to seriously look for a good one at a reasonable price.

I've read a number of reviews that rate the CVA Accura Nitride very highly in various comparison tests.

Any of you guys have experience with and opinions on them?

I bought an Accura MR this year for my first muzzleloader hunt. In UT we can only shoot 1x scopes and even with the 1x scope I shot a 3 shot group at 200 yards that had less than an inch vertical and was only 5" wide. I didn't really do any load development, I just loaded 110 grains of Pyrodex behind a 300 grain Hornady SST sabor. For a $350 rifle I was well pleased!!

I bought an Accura MR this year for my first muzzleloader hunt. In UT we can only shoot 1x scopes and even with the 1x scope I shot a 3 shot group at 200 yards that had less than an inch vertical and was only 5" wide. I didn't really do any load development, I just loaded 110 grains of Pyrodex behind a 300 grain Hornady SST sabor. For a $350 rifle I was well pleased!!
That's pretty close to what I'm reading in the online reviews I've found.

Thanks.

Hopefully a few more members will chime in. I'm entering completely unknown territory looking at ML's so I can use all of the help I can find.

Wild Rose,

Haven't heard much about the acura bit I'm sure it's a shooter. I feel any ml with some time can shoot moa at 100 to 200 or less with some load development.

I would recommend the CVA apex though. Here is why one you get the ml bug you won't stop there I promise. They are allot of fun and if your into reloading then the ml will be the ultimate challenge. After you shoot and kill a few deer with your ml CVA apex you can add a different barrel to it like the 45-70 and convert it to a smokeless muzzleloader. Then you went from 200 yards to a 500 yard ml. And less than moa out to 500 if you do your homework.

Watch this video and I very you'll be interested more in sml.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8MBgOoSYg[/ame]

Wild Rose,

Haven't heard much about the acura bit I'm sure it's a shooter. I feel any ml with some time can shoot moa at 100 to 200 or less with some load development.

I would recommend the CVA apex though. Here is why one you get the ml bug you won't stop there I promise. They are allot of fun and if your into reloading then the ml will be the ultimate challenge. After you shoot and kill a few deer with your ml CVA apex you can add a different barrel to it like the 45-70 and convert it to a smokeless muzzleloader. Then you went from 200 yards to a 500 yard ml. And less than moa out to 500 if you do your homework.

Watch this video and I very you'll be interested more in sml.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8MBgOoSYg
Thanks. The only places I"m likely to use one is NM or CO so I need to stick with non smokeless propellants. I've read up on him though, he's apparently the go to guy if you have ML troubles.

Hey now don't blame me for your purchasing bug! Ha ha Ha ha ha though I do think I added to the already present purchasing of rifles by wild Rose!!!

I've geard good things about the CVA to buddy!! Don't think you can go wrong with either. But just keep looking and it will come. Took me 3 months I buy my triumph!!!!

Hey now don't blame me for your purchasing bug! Ha ha Ha ha ha though I do think I added to the already present purchasing of rifles by wild Rose!!!

I've geard good things about the CVA to buddy!! Don't think you can go wrong with either. But just keep looking and it will come. Took me 3 months I buy my triumph!!!!
Well I have to blame it on someone so it might as well be you. Hell your kids will probably end up with half of what I've got now when I'm gone so feel free to chime in with recommendations! gun)

I'm definitely going to keep looking and reading but if I keep seeing similar reports from actual users, at these prices I'll have one sooner rather than later.

since you will be hunting Colorado, you'll need a stock design that will work with Open Sights. The CVA Accura V2 will do perfectly fine with open sights although you may have to call CVA after you get the rifle and see if they will send you the open sights since they do not come with them. They started including the one piece durasight mount since 97% of shooters use scopes on a muzzle loader these days. Most of the times they'll send them out for free but I can not make a promise on that LOL.

The Apex/ Accura Mountain Rifle's stocks are set up for scope use, not open sights.

My Accura MR shoots really well and at ~7lbs with the scope, it's easy to carry. Just this past weekend killed an 8point with it from 105yards kneeling.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.