New convert

41Magnum

Well we have a new convert to the realm of handgun hunting as a friend of mine took his first deer with a handgun yesterday 73 yards DRT. with a 15" T/C Encore muzzleloader pistol in 54 caliber. It's a MGM barrel that will shoot light out at 100 yds with Blackhorn 209, Harvester sabot and a 180 grain Hornady 40 caliber XTP. Complete pass through. To say he was both amazed and happy would be an understatement. Now to work on his 7mm-08 barrel for the up coming regular firearms season. 😁

2DCE4E54-6DB3-4664-9FCE-8A58009A0478.jpeg

Well we have a new convert to the realm of handgun hunting as a friend of mine took his first deer with a handgun yesterday 73 yards DRT. with a 15" T/C Encore muzzleloader pistol in 54 caliber. It's a MGM barrel that will shoot light out at 100 yds with Blackhorn 209, Harvester sabot and a 180 grain Hornady 40 caliber XTP. Complete pass through. To say he was both amazed and happy would be an understatement. Now to work on his 7mm-08 barrel for the up coming regular firearms season. 😁
Outstanding!
Set the hook deep!

Great job! That Encore combo sounds interesting.

Was in the LGS yesterday and they had some BH209 on the shelf. Hard to believe the price.

It's pricey for sure but it works for us here. I shoot the same load in my MGM G2 barrel. Used it to take the deer in my avatar last year.
I got lucky. When it first came out I told my buddy, if you find some pick it up for me I want to try it. He found some and I found some at the same time, so I had 2 pounds. It worked so well that when moving during ml season and couldn't access my reloading stuff, so I bought another pound. That is when it still came in 1 lb. containers.