New 260

jlk59

I just had this one made, it is an 18" McGowen barrel with a 1 to 8.5 twist. It has a Jewel trigger and was made by Harvey King of HK Custom guns in Valley Grand, AL. I went through the break in proceedure of the first ten shots of shot and clean, then started the 3 rounds and clean. On the third set I got a .272 group and that is the last that I have had time to shoot. Here are some pic's.

Last Three Shot Group
DSC_0106.jpg

Before
100_0435.jpg

Pistol after I painted the stock.
DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

I didn't know if I would like a rifle scope on this one so I picked up an inexpensive scope at the gun show to try on it. The scope is an Ospray with a lighted reticle in a 6-24X with a 50mm Obj., it also has a 30mm tube. So far it is working out very well. If I like the way it works out I will go to a better scope on it. Hopefully I will be able to try it out at longer ranges next week. I have a couple of places that I can shoot up to 400yds and one place where I can get around 900yds. The 400yd range is only 2 mile from my home and the other is about 20 miles. I have a portable target set up and ready to try it out. It should do well if I do my part. Also, I have the exbal program setup on a dell axim 51 and it should help alot.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.