New bullet maker that looks interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main advantage of the rebated boat tail is for the manufacturer. The punch used for extracting the bullets from the point forming die can be quite a bit thicker on the edge which keeps it from breaking. b.c. is a wash as well as accuracy. There are claims that the rebate acts more like a flat base keeping the pressure equal on the bullet base as it leaves the barrel but that assumes the standard boat tail is flawed..........Rich

Looking at the Alco site and the bullet pics, I feel pretty comfortable in saying that we have some more hoaky bc.'s!

Rich: Lets try to be nice to each other here we all know figuring BC'S are a educated guess the same round in 5 rifles off the shelf will not shoot the same. The proof is in the reloader & shooter. I use a program to figure bc's I am not a math teacher so I'm not doing the calcs in my head so lets see some results and then see if I am hoaky.

John,

Hey.. I have a question, i was looking at similarity between your and Alco .308 cal 220 gr RBT-ST just to name one weight. Looks pretty close, is there a shared thing here or is it just happenstance. I've not tried either yet but look forward to giving yours a run, something along the line of a 175gr match RB..

Cheer's

Whiskey3 is a business partner we are working on some projects together and Doug at UP Ammo is a dealer on the west coast and sell's alco precision bullets, W3P sell's TAC-PM among other things. AL

Rich: Lets try to be nice to each other here we all know figuring BC'S are a educated guess the same round in 5 rifles off the shelf will not shoot the same. The proof is in the reloader & shooter. I use a program to figure bc's I am not a math teacher so I'm not doing the calcs in my head so lets see some results and then see if I am hoaky.

Did you ever ensure that your program to figure bc values would provide accurate bc values before using it? Ever do any research on this whatsoever?

Has anyone on this forum actually shot some W3P bullets yet, we are now pushing 2 months on this thread which is the largest thread on W3P bullets on the web and I'm still see NOTHING being shot. My bullets have been on order for a month and nothing, I'm receiving bullets from South Africa faster than W3P.

It isn't about being nice, it is about being honest. If it was just a matter of honest mistakes all the time, 1/2 of the listed b.c.'s would be low. I don't know if you "personally" intentionally inflated the b.c. or not? I'm speaking in general here. People respect honesty and will often base their decisions on that. Given all the bullet makers that there are around, it pays to be up front. Most people that shoot much can spot these inflated b.c.'s in a heartbeat. wouldn't it make more sense to you if people could buy bullets that they knew what the actual b.c. was in advance so we don't have to shoot up the first box testing? I know that die manufacturers sell us kool-aid with their dies which are usually inflated. I learned that the hard way and posted things early on that were inflated. I don't have a problem with "honest" mistakes. Also, when people ask honest questions and get no answer, inconsistent answers, and wrong answers, it creates doubt! I"truly" hope you guys succeed, but you would do well to listen to some of the people on this forum who have been through this several times. Whether you listen to me personally or not, makes no difference to me. I make my own bullets, so I am less dependent than most peolple........Rich

Here is some sound advice: Berger bullets are very successful not just because they make a good bullet, but because they work hard to accommodate long range shooters and list the most accurate b.c.'s out there. (they don't seem to have the problem that you mentioned(W3P). Here is another example of a smaller up and comer: Marshal Ambrose (Matrix) Marshal is an honest guy who goes out of his way to ,not only listen, but accommodate shooters. He doesn't get ruffled feathers over everything and accepts the hard evidence of shooters including b.c info or whatever. Guys like him will be successful! Smokescreens, ignoring facts, being arrogant, etc., won't get much love.......Rich

Has anyone on this forum actually shot some W3P bullets yet, we are now pushing 2 months on this thread which is the largest thread on W3P bullets on the web and I'm still see NOTHING being shot. My bullets have been on order for a month and nothing, I'm receiving bullets from South Africa faster than W3P.
WE have had component resupply issues and are catching up as well as adding equipment. Berger & Sierra are still sending jackets to their production as well, not wining hand made projos take time we are working to improve production.

AL

John,

Hey.. I have a question, i was looking at similarity between your and Alco .308 cal 220 gr RBT-ST just to name one weight. Looks pretty close, is there a shared thing here or is it just happenstance. I've not tried either yet but look forward to giving yours a run, something along the line of a 175gr match RB..

Cheer's

Alco's stuff is a collaborative effort with Al....and I and that's where I took the custom bullet business to a whole different level with his design and my design. We are successful because we work well together and cater to those that want superior Precision and don't try and keep this stuff to their own little groups and sit back and Bragg to everyone else " oh look how well this works and how high the BC's are"
But not share that with the masses to even the playing field!
Al and I are in cahoots as partners in this ie: Alco/Whiskey 3 Precision Systems.

Re: New bullet maker that looks interestin

Here is some sound advice: Berger bullets are very successful not just because they make a good bullet, but because they work hard to accommodate long range shooters and list the most accurate b.c.'s out there. (they don't seem to have the problem that you mentioned(W3P). Here is another example of a smaller up and comer: Marshal Ambrose (Matrix) Marshal is an honest guy who goes out of his way to ,not only listen, but accommodate shooters. He doesn't get ruffled feathers over everything and accepts the hard evidence of shooters including b.c info or whatever. Guys like him will be successful! Smokescreens, ignoring facts, being arrogant, etc., won't get much love.......Rich

sorry but this is a prime example of why we really don't care to deal with stuff like this. We are busy in the manufacturing side and off at places like ADS Tactical Warrior Expo dealing with law enforcement and military clients that are demo'ing our stuff and busy catering to F Class world champions who are using our stuff. No smoke screen ...no BS.....just getting business handled and expanding into a custom Precision market that others on here have failed at. Like I've said before I don't have time for high school drama and back and forth none sense. We have better things to do than waste time on a computer all day. The product sells itself.......if you wanna buy some great....if not that's fine too. If you produce your own stuff that's fine as well but the **** talk has gotten to a limit that all of us would appreciate that it cease and get back to us with your data when you actually purchase some projectiles and actually do some testing. Our BC's are set in Georgia close to sea level ....not in the mountains of Oregon so ya'll need to get off that power trip of possibility of error ect and just go get some and test it for yourself.

sorry but this is a prime example of why we really don't care to deal with stuff like this. We are busy in the manufacturing side and off at places like ADS Tactical Warrior Expo dealing with law enforcement and military clients that are demo'ing our stuff and busy catering to F Class world champions who are using our stuff. No smoke screen ...no BS.....just getting business handled and expanding into a custom Precision market that others on here have failed at. Like I've said before I don't have time for high school drama and back and forth none sense. We have better things to do than waste time on a computer all day. The product sells itself.......if you wanna buy some great....if not that's fine too. If you produce your own stuff that's fine as well but the **** talk has gotten to a limit that all of us would appreciate that it cease and get back to us with your data when you actually purchase some projectiles and actually do some testing. Our BC's are set in Georgia close to sea level ....not in the mountains of Oregon so ya'll need to get off that power trip of possibility of error ect and just go get some and test it for yourself.

Well, I think its all under control now. Al (Swager) set me straight with a PM, and I quote, "can't we all just get along like "OBAMA" says":D ! Are you guys serious? Now that I know where your brain is, this is all making a lot more sense to me. You guys definitely exhibit the ultra liberal mentality. (don't ask questions, we are so much smarter than the rest of you poor slobs)! If anybody wants a copy of the pm, let me know....Rich

WE have had component resupply issues and are catching up as well as adding equipment. Berger & Sierra are still sending jackets to their production as well, not wining hand made projos take time we are working to improve production.

AL

John, with all do respect how are you going to supply military and law enforcement when you can't keep up with demand from the small consumer base you have accumulated so far? With law and military contracts you would be talking thousands if not millions of projectiles what about the civilian market included in the equation? Are you ready for that?

John, with all do respect how are you going to supply military and law enforcement when you can't keep up with demand from the small consumer base you have accumulated so far? With law and military contracts you would be talking thousands if not millions of projectiles what about the civilian market included in the equation? Are you ready for that?

lol......that's part of our back log bro and it's our business no one else's to dictate. As Al has explained before we are expanding as well and hit the normal snags when demand hits the roof. We will do just fine....keep doing what you do and let us worry about ourselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.