New build finally off to the smith this week!

matt_3479

Taken a long time but it's finally all collected and being sent off early this week!!

- kelbly atlas tac
- manners t5
- bartlein 27" 5r 1:7.5 twist medium Palma
- trigger tech diamond
- badger bottom metal
- heathen brake.

Hoping to load the 105 hybrids in alpha srp brass with h4350 or rl-16! Might have it in time to finish off some yotes being weather warms up.

looks like a nice list of parts , good luck with your build . I'm thinking of putting something together in a big 7mm , not sure what yet . I've been thinking on using that action too .

looks like a nice list of parts , good luck with your build . I'm thinking of putting something together in a big 7mm , not sure what yet . I've been thinking on using that action too .

Thank you! What 7 are you leaning towards? I've already got the next one lined up to start collecting slowly in the new year. My next action will be a defiance deviant I believe.

What cartridge are you going with? And what smith are you going to go with?

Going with a 6mm creedmoor. I wanted to test a 6mm vs my current custom 260. Rem. Was going back and forth heavily between the 6x47 and 6mm creed. But the thing that annoys me the most about my 260. Rem is the lack of good match and hunting ammo if I ever forgot my reloads which eventually ruled out the 6x47

Thank you! What 7 are you leaning towards? I've already got the next one lined up to start collecting slowly in the new year. My next action will be a defiance deviant I believe.

I think I want a 7-300 win , or maybe a 7STW . the 28Nosler if other companies would start to make brass . I don't want a cartridge with only one brand of brass .

can you tell me the idea of the trigger hanger on the Kelby action ? what purpose it serves ? thanks

I think I want a 7-300 win , or maybe a 7STW . the 28Nosler if other companies would start to make brass . I don't want a cartridge with only one brand of brass .

can you tell me the idea of the trigger hanger on the Kelby action ? what purpose it serves ? thanks

I've tossed the idea of a 7-300 multiple times! If I do a 7 I'm pretty sure that's what I'll do. I have 1300 pieces of Norma 300 win mag brass not being used right now lol. That's why 300 is next on the list.

For comp it's nice to have a hanger so you can carry a back up trigger to replace if your primary trigger fails. Instead of carrying a soft mallet, punch and a block you can undo 2 screws and throw a new trigger in! Same idea goes for in a hunting situation but chances are a lot slimmer then in a comp. not a necessity but definately a really nice feature

Bertram is making 28 Nosler brass and I think ADG is supposed to be getting ready to soon. I wouldn't hold back because of brass.

I'm headed in to the Smith tomorrow ! I have been dragging my feet with work and hunting .
20181114_193457.jpg

Taken a long time but it's finally all collected and being sent off early this week!!

- kelbly atlas tac
- manners t5
- bartlein 27" 5r 1:7.5 twist medium Palma
- trigger tech diamond
- badger bottom metal
- heathen brake.

Hoping to load the 105 hybrids in alpha srp brass with h4350 or rl-16! Might have it in time to finish off some yotes being weather warms up.

Chamberings in 6br family, 6 creed, etc?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.