New darling heading out of the shop this week, pics.........

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Thought you guys would like this one a bit. Pics turned out a little grainy for some reason, sorry for that, not sure why???

387508.jpg

387512.jpg

387521.jpg

387524.jpg

Here are the specs:

Fully accurized Rem 700 LA
Gre Tan striker assembly
Rifles Basix 2oz trigger
APS single shot conversion
Lilja 36" 1.350" straight cylinder 338 1-10
APS four port muzzle brake
Holland Comp recoil lug
McMillan MBR Tooley stock 75% burgandy, 25% red
APS 9" 3 port V-Block Barrel bedding system
Leupold LR one piece base, 20 moa
Burris signature rings, +0.010 inserts in the rear ring
Super Sniper 20x
Teflon coated black by our very own Shawn C.

Finish weight: 29 lbs
Chamber: 338 Kubla Kahn
Throated for the 300 gr ULD RBBT Wildcat Bullets seated to base of neck.

Should comfortably get 3100 fps with the 300 gr class bullets in this big long girl. At the time of the pictures the weather was perfect for testing. Only problem was the bedding was still curing, now we have 4 foot drifts all over, not real nice. Will hopefully be testing later this week and sending her home.

Just figured you guys would be interested in her. I would also like to thank Shawn for his work on the finish, world class as always. If anyone needs teflon coating done, Shawn is the man and the only guy I will use for my shops work. If I had more demand for this finish work I would get set up to do it but with this quality of work available, I will send what coating I had to Shawn, worldclass all the way.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby:

Great looking gun. He should be happy with that, and if not, just send it over this way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Should be a pretty potent long range hammer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Get that big Wildcat moving and not much is gonna stop it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

COOL! C'mon, Fifty.......Quit showing me those things already! I happen to LIKE being married /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is one awesome looking rig!

mb

Kirby,
I have heard of the .338 Kahn, the Shaka Kahn but the Kubla Kahn is a new one on me????????? Nice work and a sweet looking Rifle.
UB

The Kubla Kahn is a Kenny Jarret creation, it and its lil bro the 300 King Kong, a 378 weatherby necked down and the double radius weatherby shoulder set at a straight angle but can't remember if its 30, 35, or 40 degrees.
RR

Yep, Its Kennys design, not mine by any stretch. Only thing I changed was the throat angle which Kenny used a 3-0-0 throat angle. Found this to steep for hard jacketed bullets, was getting pressure signs to soon. Ordered in a 1-30-0 throater and solved the problem.

It has a 35 degree shoulder by the way. Not quite to the level of a 338 Sniper Tac, 338 Big Baer or 338 AM but as much fun as you can shoe horn into a Rem 700!!! Hard to complain to much about a 300 gr pill at 3100 fps!!!

Pictures really were bad on these, need to figure that one out!!

Later,

Kirby Allen(50)

Nice looking rifle but i didn't see the picture of the gun bearer!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Buffalobob,

To be honest, this rifle was designed for chuck shooting out to wherever we can see them to!! For bench use only, fired off front and rear rests. NO PACKING THIS BABY!!

I have a shooting platform I build on the back of my S-10 4x4. We can simply set up where ever we can get the truck to(it has been in some spots I am frankly embarrased to say we took a vehicle to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) we can set up and shoot. Works pretty good for a solid mobil shooting platform!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.