New build by Dallas Lane

I love my 300 RUM that he built. It actually made me some money at an outfitters one time. I was there with some good dudes that were pretty vocal about how they're trued 700's, Christensens arms, and other semi customs were just as good as my high dollar rig. They said they felt bad that I spent so much on something that I could have had for less, I never told them the cost mind you, but it is a piece of art so I guess they know enough. Anyways, I asked if they would want to put their money where their mouth is and said we would do a 200 yard, prone, 3 shot group for $1 per thousandth of an inch. I would go first and if they wanted to buy out and not shoot it would be $100 each. 3 people agreed. I got down, in the rain, cranked the 7-35 ATACR as high as I could and still see clearly and squeezed off a .1xx group. I'll be honest it was the best group at that distance that I've ever shot, but I got up confidently and said "mess with the best and you get humbled like the rest!" After they looked through the spotter I had 300 dollars in my hand and they all asked for Dallas's contact info. Moral of the story is you get what you pay for! I feel like I'm pretty set and have all the rigs I'll ever need, but if I get the itch again, I'll be an LPR!
Picture and details on this 300 Rum please !!

Rum Man

Picture and details on this 300 Rum please !!

Rum Man
28" bartlein
Defiance
A3 sporter edge
Jewel trigger
Seamless brake
Throws 230's over 3K fps
Wears a 7-35 now but haven't taken pics since the upgrade. These are the stock photos from Dallas I believe. It's killed a lot of critters.

I actually ordered it in Jan of 2015 and got deployed like a month or two before completion so I couldn't take possession. A forum member bought it and a few years later I noticed it in a picture. I got ahold of the owner who loved it and wasn't interested in selling. I told him the story and said if he ever wanted to sell it, I would buy it with no delay. As luck would have it he contacted me after a year or two and I had her in hand a few days later. It's been a talking point at every deer camp I've been to. I see a rebarrel or two in the future and my 7 year old carrying this in the mountains for years to come.
IMG_8439.jpeg
IMG_8437.jpeg
IMG_8436.jpeg

28" bartlein
Defiance
A3 sporter edge
Jewel trigger
Seamless brake
Throws 230's over 3K fps
Wears a 7-35 now but haven't taken pics since the upgrade. These are the stock photos from Dallas I believe. It's killed a lot of critters.

I actually ordered it in Jan of 2015 and got deployed like a month or two before completion so I couldn't take possession. A forum member bought it and a few years later I noticed it in a picture. I got ahold of the owner who loved it and wasn't interested in selling. I told him the story and said if he ever wanted to sell it, I would buy it with no delay. As luck would have it he contacted me after a year or two and I had her in hand a few days later. It's been a talking point at every deer camp I've been to. I see a rebarrel or two in the future and my 7 year old carrying this in the mountains for years to come. View attachment 488145View attachment 488146View attachment 488147
Thank you for you Service !!
And what a story to tell about a Beautiful rifle ! You and your son will have a Lifetime of Memories with that Rum !
I think that 28" barrel is the ticket for the Rum !
Thank you !!

Rum Man

I love my 300 RUM that he built. It actually made me some money at an outfitters one time. I was there with some good dudes that were pretty vocal about how they're trued 700's, Christensens arms, and other semi customs were just as good as my high dollar rig. They said they felt bad that I spent so much on something that I could have had for less, I never told them the cost mind you, but it is a piece of art so I guess they know enough. Anyways, I asked if they would want to put their money where their mouth is and said we would do a 200 yard, prone, 3 shot group for $1 per thousandth of an inch. I would go first and if they wanted to buy out and not shoot it would be $100 each. 3 people agreed. I got down, in the rain, cranked the 7-35 ATACR as high as I could and still see clearly and squeezed off a .1xx group. I'll be honest it was the best group at that distance that I've ever shot, but I got up confidently and said "mess with the best and you get humbled like the rest!" After they looked through the spotter I had 300 dollars in my hand and they all asked for Dallas's contact info. Moral of the story is you get what you pay for! I feel like I'm pretty set and have all the rigs I'll ever need, but if I get the itch again, I'll be an LPR!
I am…..itching. Lol.

My latest and possibly favorite build. I have a handful of Dallas's rigs, this one is so light and balanced that the others may collect a little dust this season. Chambered in 6.5 RSAUM for Prime ammo, I get tired of reloading now that I have a kid. Taking it to the range on the 26th and can't wait.

AnTi LA
Gunwerks Clymr stock
TT Diamond
APA brake
Hawkins rings
Vortex RZR LHT 4-5-22
20" proof

I can't wait to fill my freezers this year!

View attachment 486806View attachment 486807View attachment 486808View attachment 486809
Really nice, good fit. I like sharper corners on stocks, don't like the rounded blob look. Should be a real goer and best of luck filling the fridge. Nice to see great passion for carbon so this gun should hold point of impact keeper saving components and barrel life.

Dissected a round for you

COAL. 2.806
BTO 2.214
Shoulder 1.643
BOAL 2.021
Primer seated .006 below base
Bullet 142 SMK (weighed 141.9)
Charge weight 63.0 gr of mystery powder (heavy like h1000)

Primer was red so not FGMM or CCI based on what I have on hand. Aren't regular federal blue box primers red? I haven't touched a non match grade primer that wasn't CCI in over a decade so I don't know.

A lot more neck tension than I have ever ran when I reload. Used a hammer puller and could have killed someone with the force required to get the bullet out ha. Also, no chamfer or deburr on the brass.

If the Prime ammo gives me reasonable accuracy and SD/ES, I'll just keep paying $2 a round for it and maybe sell the brass after. $2 a round is well worth it to not go through the reloading process.

Dissected a round for you

COAL. 2.806
BTO 2.214
Shoulder 1.643
BOAL 2.021
Primer seated .006 below base
Bullet 142 SMK (weighed 141.9)
Charge weight 63.0 gr of mystery powder (heavy like h1000)

Primer was red so not FGMM or CCI based on what I have on hand. Aren't regular federal blue box primers red? I haven't touched a non match grade primer that wasn't CCI in over a decade so I don't know.

A lot more neck tension than I have ever ran when I reload. Used a hammer puller and could have killed someone with the force required to get the bullet out ha. Also, no chamfer or deburr on the brass.

If the Prime ammo gives me reasonable accuracy and SD/ES, I'll just keep paying $2 a round for it and maybe sell the brass after. $2 a round is well worth it to not go through the reloading process.
It probably is H1000. It's been available several times here and there. That would be about right based on my experience. I'm not pushing mine nearly hard enough. I'm using 120gr Ballistic Tips for break-in and potential assessment. I've only had 1 load with the 120 reach past 3100ft/s in a 25" barrel. (That was using MRP.) I've tried RL26, but my best accuracy is coming with N565, but it's slow because I'm sure the charge is probably on the light end. Accuracy isn't there yet either. Nothing has been over 1 MOA, but nothing has been under about 11/16". Hoping it will plane out. After another 50 rounds or so, it's either getting reamed to .26 Nosler or the barrel replaced with something else that's got a magnum bolt face. I also tried some IMR7977 that's now obsolete, but I think it was going bad. BIG velocity spread. I would be very close to the lands seated to your OAL. Will keep an eye on this thread as I go.

It probably is H1000. It's been available several times here and there. That would be about right based on my experience. I'm not pushing mine nearly hard enough. I'm using 120gr Ballistic Tips for break-in and potential assessment. I've only had 1 load with the 120 reach past 3100ft/s in a 25" barrel. (That was using MRP.) I've tried RL26, but my best accuracy is coming with N565, but it's slow because I'm sure the charge is probably on the light end. Accuracy isn't there yet either. Nothing has been over 1 MOA, but nothing has been under about 11/16". Hoping it will plane out. After another 50 rounds or so, it's either getting reamed to .26 Nosler or the barrel replaced with something else that's got a magnum bolt face. I also tried some IMR7977 that's now obsolete, but I think it was going bad. BIG velocity spread. I would be very close to the lands seated to your OAL. Will keep an eye on this thread as I go.
IMG_1260.jpeg
Velocity data from my first range outing, 20 inch tube with factory prime ammo. Not bad for factory pills.