New build - 7SAUM

The specs.

Benchmark 30" 5r 8 twist 7mm tube light varmint. Chambered in 7 SAUM. (From the benchmark group buy - I can't wait to shoot this beauty)
Stiller Predator s/a
Stiller DBM
Alpha Mags
Jewell trigger
McMillan A-3/5 , 2 flush cups
Kahle 6x24 56 MSR
Nightforce 6screw rings

Built by Omar Alonzo in the Houston area - builds a lot of 6.5 SAUM hammers.

I cannot wait to get some time to shoot it. I will break it in with 180 VLDs over a healthy dose of Retumbo and if I can ever find some H1000 will compare that to the Retumbo. Yes that is an 8 twist cited above as I have heard about some 195 VLDs in the future and I would rather have a little more than not enough.

This whole project started from me thinking about rebarreling a Rem 7-08 sporter that needs a need tube to be fun. But one thing leads to another and you need a new stock, why bother truing an action, that trigger needs work, etc.............

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0885.jpg
    IMG_0885.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 75
Great looking rifle. How did you get the magazines set up to feed the SAUM? I have a 7WSM also on a Stiller Predator. I am using Wyatt's DBM with 308 magazines with the lips bent out. I have it feeding pretty reliably but I get the occasional failure to feed. Any advice you can give me?

Very nice rig.
I have a very similar saum on a Borden action but same scope and stock.
Keep posting your load test results, I'm interested to hear how you do.
I use H1000 but struggle to keep consistent coal over 65gr with bergers even at 2.970
So guess that you will single feed the 195grn's

Gotta love the 7 SAUM, I have one very similar, Stiller action, Rem Varmint contour 25" Rock Creek w/ brake, in a A3 Edge Sporter McMillan, has a 4.5x14x50 Mark 4 on it. I load at 2.9" OAL from a BDL Mag with 58 grains H4831 under the 180 Bergers. I do have some 190 Matrix but saving them for a larger cartridge.

Sweet rifle, I have a 7mm SAUM being built as well, #5 brux fluted. Will be my primary hunting rifle. Snowy Mountain rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.