7Saum build help

Willw89

Looking for a little help. Going to build a 7saum soon on a model 70 LA with a Proof barrel and going to setup to shoot the Berger 180vlds ran out for max cartridge efficiency. My question is what is the best reamer to use ? I know there is some different reamers out there for this round. Info/guidance from someone with experience on this round would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Looking for a little help. Going to build a 7saum soon on a model 70 LA with a Proof barrel and going to setup to shoot the Berger 180vlds ran out for max cartridge efficiency. My question is what is the best reamer to use ? I know there is some different reamers out there for this round. Info/guidance from someone with experience on this round would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I noticed that you got no response so thought I might possibly be of some help. I don't have a saum, but I do shoot a 7SS. Since you are building it on a long action, I would have the smith throat it so you optimize the case capacity for the longest bullet you will shoot. I am guessing somewhere around a 140 throat in the case of a 180 berger. I assume that is what you were referring to as "best reamer"? Best of luck....rich

I used a regular SAAMI spec reamer and it shoot very well the 162a-max and the 180 Hybrid. 180 just ok at 1/2 moa.

Don't know if that will help you though!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts