New Barrel Like Christmas?

Muddyboots

So sitting here waiting for new barrel and I can't believe how anxious I have become waiting for it! I feel like I am 5 years old and hear the reindeer hooves on the roof! Is this that normal? I've had the rifle completely torn down even the bolt body spread out nicely on a towel on a work table in basement and every time I walk by it I sigh. I am tracking the delivery now like it is NORAD tracking Santa Claus Christmas Eve. I told my wife one of us HAS to be here for a signed delivery on Friday. I wonder if they would mind if I trailed the delivery truck to be sure? If all goes well and don't have to watch grandkids (takes precedence even over new barrel!) I hope to have rifle back together for next week range time when no one is at range and have it all to myself.

Yeah man....its like eating spinach......
You know it is coming.....and it's supposed to be good for you....then you stick a fork in it.....and put it in your mouth.....

Same ol'...same ol'.......
Get out there and shoot.....

My delimma....
Rem 700 la receiver with a 65284 proof screwed to it at gunsmith...the stock sent with my barrel from stockys was a lefty...not the 'righty' ordered...stock is supposed to show from manufacturer today.....havent heard....but Smith is out of town til next tuesday....needs parts painted...
And my b-day is next Thursday........
I don't think it's gonna be ready........

I ordered a new custom rifle in November. I was recently informed that it might be completed in2 to 3 weeks. I sit close to a phone everyday. The barrel was the longest hold up. Once I received the invoice from them I new it should be too long now. Enjoy your new toy!

Man I know first hand about forgetting what I ordered. It happens to me quite often, I think its called having a "senior moment." But I like surprises.

Well some good news so far, the new scope came in yesterday and for once I didn't order new rings or rail yet. I need to see how barrel sits in stock first so I can do it right height and MOA capacity the first time. At least when you get older, patience seems to come with age. But waiting today for barrel is a anxious time!

When you get old enough, you'll forget what you ordered and be surprised when a package arrives.
Works for me.
Good and funny, had to copy your post so I could remember what I was laughing about. Had a scope for my little 22 mag show up a couple months ago. Thought somebody sent me a present at first. Man, getting old is fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.