New 7mm Wildcat....7mm Rogue

It looks like they cut the capacity way back to lengthen the neck. It would be interesting to know the water capacity compared to a 7-300wm and the Rogue. I bet it's still higher but not near what a standard 7-375 Ruger would be.

My 30/375 S.I. holds 96.4 grains H20. It has a much longer neck than the ruger would have but still holds about the same capacity as a 30/375 std. would be. I blew the taper out of the case and changed the shoulder to 40 degrees to accomplish this. It still has a .320" neck. I checked with the guys at Gunwerks when I was building mine to see if they would sell brass and they said ONLY to customers who bought their rifles.
By the way, I think both the Rogue and the LRM should be great performers. I can push the 215 hybrids to near 3100'. Here is a pic of the 30/375 S.I. loaded with a 218 SXR next to the parent 375 Ruger.....Rich

My 30/375 S.I. holds 96.4 grains H20. It has a much longer neck than the ruger would have but still holds about the same capacity as a 30/375 std. would be. I blew the taper out of the case and changed the shoulder to 40 degrees to accomplish this. It still has a .320" neck. I checked with the guys at Gunwerks when I was building mine to see if they would sell brass and they said ONLY to customers who bought their rifles.
By the way, I think both the Rogue and the LRM should be great performers. I can push the 215 hybrids to near 3100'. Here is a pic of the 30/375 S.I. loaded with a 218 SXR next to the parent 375 Ruger.....Rich

oops! forgot the pic DSCF0085.jpg

Rich,

If you look at where your body to shoulder junction is compared to the parent case it looks to be quite a bit longer than the 7lrm next to the 375 Ruger. I would bet the capacity of the 7lrm is close to a 7-300wm. Probably slightly higher but only a couple grains.

I think the 7-300wm capacity is about optimal for a 7mm kind of like my 30-8mm and your 30-375 SI are for .30cal's.

Nathan

Rich,

If you look at where your body to shoulder junction is compared to the parent case it looks to be quite a bit longer than the 7lrm next to the 375 Ruger. I would bet the capacity of the 7lrm is close to a 7-300wm. Probably slightly higher but only a couple grains.

I think the 7-300wm capacity is about optimal for a 7mm kind of like my 30-8mm and your 30-375 SI are for .30cal's.

Nathan

I would agree!......Rich

It looks like they cut the capacity way back to lengthen the neck. It would be interesting to know the water capacity compared to a 7-300wm and the Rogue. I bet it's still higher but not near what a standard 7-375 Ruger would be.

I would be happy to post any info on the case that you guys want to know so just ask and I will do my best.

On the water capacity can someone chime in with where the water level needs to be when you weight it? is it to the top of the neck or at the base of the neck?

I was a little disappointed when I saw the comparison myself but they say it does well and I guess we will just have to see. one thing you gotta admit is that that neck is super long. The case has all the makings of a good long range case...kinda like a 6.5x47L on steroids. almost like a middle brother to the 6.5x47L and a 338 Norma mag.

since I was wanting to compare richs 30/375 SI with the 7mm LRM I did some computer wizardry to see. here is the pic I got from cropping my photo with Richs and matching the relative size of the 375 ruger case in my photo to his. Not perfect but pretty close.

Left to Right:
375 ruger
30/375 SI
7mm LRM

Presentation3.jpg

Attachments

• Presentation3.pdf
    31 KB · Views: 101
I would be happy to post any info on the case that you guys want to know so just ask and I will do my best.

On the water capacity can someone chime in with where the water level needs to be when you weight it? is it to the top of the neck or at the base of the neck?

I was a little disappointed when I saw the comparison myself but they say it does well and I guess we will just have to see. one thing you gotta admit is that that neck is super long. The case has all the makings of a good long range case...kinda like a 6.5x47L on steroids. almost like a middle brother to the 6.5x47L and a 338 Norma mag.

You needs to fill the case as full as you can with water until it spills over. That will give overall capacity although with such a long neck it would be valuable info to know what the capacity is to the bottom of the neck too. Broz should be able to do fired RWS cases for a 7-300. I have PMC cases for my original rifle or virgin RWS cases.

Broz should be able to do fired RWS cases for a 7-300. I have PMC cases for my original rifle or virgin RWS cases.

Sorry , all my RWS fire formed brass went with the rifles they were fired in. I do probably have some WW brass though. But here is the deal. I can tell you with all the brass I have used I have case room left when I start to see pressure. So what are we looking for here? Top velocity was 3200 with a 180 Berger from a 28"tube and this load was showing pressure so we backed it off. All rifles with 28" tubes will do 3100 to3175 safely and with out pushing them hard. These velocities have been tested over a Oehler 35 and also by vaified drops.

Jeff

since I was wanting to compare richs 30/375 SI with the 7mm LRM I did some computer wizardry to see. here is the pic I got from cropping my photo with Richs and matching the relative size of the 375 ruger case in my photo to his. Not perfect but pretty close.

Left to Right:
375 ruger
30/375 SI
7mm LRM

View attachment 11587

Midnight, You're the man!:D I'm always envious of people who are not computer dummies like me!....Rich

Jeff,

I was just curious how close the 7lrm was to a 7-300wm for case capacity.

Gotch ya...

7mm-300 win fireformed cases H2O volume in grains.

WW brass to bottom of neck = 85.7 gr to top of neck = 91.1

Lapua brass to bottom of neck = 88.8 gr to top of neck = 94.2

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts