New 7mm stw

Cp1.0

Finally broke down and had one built. H&S sendero stock, bartlein heavy varmint barrel 1:9 twist, custom remington magnum action, Jewell trigger topped with a leupold 4x24x52 vx6. Can't wait to send a few loads down range.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 19
Thanks guys. Yes the scope does look a little far back but it fits me good. i just hope it isn't "too" close! I have a few different bullets and powders I'm going to try. Ill post pics as soon as I get them.

That is a nice looking rig. I found the stock HS Precision stock on my factory Remington Sendero was kind flexy up in the forend, and other folks find the same - might want to check if the barrel is still free floating if you shoot the rifle off a bipod or bench rest.

I'm sure it'll turn out to be a great rifle for you, in any case!

I got a chance this evening to shoot a little bit. Shot 4 times at 25 then 7 out at 100yd. This is the 4 at 25yd. I forgot to get a pic of 100yd. But I am very pleased with it so far. I loaded up a few different recipes and plan to shoot them in the morning to try and find a load she likes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 23
I got a chance this evening to shoot a little bit. Shot 4 times at 25 then 7 out at 100yd. This is the 4 at 25yd. I forgot to get a pic of 100yd. But I am very pleased with it so far. I loaded up a few different recipes and plan to shoot them in the morning to try and find a load she likes.
You need to be cleaning it thoroughly and frequently in order to get the barrel broken in and seasoned properly.

There are different methods but cleaning after every five shots for the first twenty five and every ten until you hit one hundred works pretty well.

Glad you are happy so far.

If you want it to last, shoot no more than 3 shots in a minute and let it cool completely before shooting again. You can extend the barrel life dramatically by doing so.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.