New 6.5 saum is a keeper

Hope I'm not hi-jacking. I to want to build 6.5 saum 4S. Have a 270wsm tikka T3 and trying to put together a component list. Anyone know if I can use stock bottom plastic( I know all T3 have same action) want to use 140vlds? Thx

A tikka mag is about 2.88 and the recomended length for the 140 Bergers is 2.95. So I'm sure you could seat them deeper but who knows if it'll shoot like that. I have previously modified a tikka 223 mag to use heavies seated out but it wasn't 100% reliable since some rounds would nose dive occasionally.

My wife and I were out shooting the GAP 6.5 SAUM hunter today. Her first time shooting it she put a 1/2 MOA group together @ 100y and another at 350y. All this with an 8-10mph crosswind from 2 o'clock! This round is like cheating. Only 35 rounds down the tube and she's right at 3100fps w/ 130gr VLD's. (24" barrel)

My wife has read all of the reviews and is thinking this new rifle should be for her:( She has a 300SAUM right now but she really likes the reviews of the 6.5 SAUM. We have been looking at what colors to have the gun coated and pink/grey was mentioned!!yuk

What are the problems associated with this round. I read on the hide longrifles wasn't recommending it due to issues there customers have been having with it. Reason I'm asking is I have a reamer and dies and am waiting for a barrel for a build in this chambering. Thanks.

I just read that long rifles wasn't recommending the 6.5 saum due to the problems their customers were having with it. They did say they would continue to chamber this round but would recommend something else. Didn't elaborate what those problems were.... Reason I asked here.

Thought maybe sendero man could answer that. Haven't heard anything else bad about it so I guess I won't lose any sleep over it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.