Scope for a 6.5 SAUM

Hard for me to believe the mechanical aspects of the TT is twice as good as a NF. Now, maybe the glass is better but if your eyes and in my case 70 year old eyes can not utilize the benefits of better glass than what have I gained?…a little less weight in the pocket book.
IMO, In regards to mechanicals, the TT Turrets & controls are Superior. Glass is also Superior !!
In my case at 67 years young, the difference in Glass quality is a Yuge Benefit that is abundantly apparent. Less weight in the pocket book yes, but I look at it as an expense that provides great value with huge ROI.

YMMV.

IMO, In regards to mechanicals, the TT Turrets & controls are Superior. Glass is also Superior !!
In my case at 67 years young, the difference in Glass quality is a Yuge Benefit that is abundantly apparent. Less weight in the pocket book yes, but I look at it as an expense that provides great value with huge ROI.

YMMV.
I have time before my LPR 7 SAUM will be completed. So, we will see and who knows I might change my mind.

I have 3 NX8's (C624) on different rifles. A couple Zeiss Conquest V4 and a V6 and 2 Trijicon TenMiles. Realistically I live in WV, I go West 2 times a year and I bet I don't shoot 300 rounds a year.

I justify it in my mind by saying what Lance Kenyon did in his comment. Why have custom rifles with "cheap" scopes on them. No way I could spend $3500-$5000 on a scope. I just can't do it. I could if I wanted to (looks over shoulder to make sure wife isn't watching me type) but I just can't stomach the thought of it.

Saying that I've never looked through or touched a Tangent, Schmidt &Bender, March or the like. So maybe idk what I'm missing.
See, you pretty much named my current line-up.
5 Tangent Theta TT315M
3 S&B PMII (3-20×50 MTC/LT, 3-20×50US, 5-20×50US)
2 ZCO 420
March FX 4.5-28×52
Kahles K318i
Premier Heritage 5-25x56
Premier Heritage Light Tactical 3-15x50
NF NX8 2.5-20X50

The only ones I paid retail new prices were the TT315M (they are that worth it), and the S&B PMII 3-20×50 MTC/LT. Everything else I picked up used at substantial discounts.

Last edited:
See, you pretty much named my current line-up.
5 Tangent Theta TT315M
3 S&B PMII (3-20×50 MTC/LT, 3-20×50US, 5-20×50US)
2 ZCO 420
March FX 4.5-28×52
Kahles K318i
Premier Heritage 5-25x56
Premier Heritage Light Tactical 3-15x50
NF NX8 2.5-20X50

The only ones I paid retail new prices were the TT315M (they are that worth it), and the S&B PMII 3-20×50 MTC/LT. Everythingbelse I piicked up used at substantial discounts.
I'll keep an eye out in the classifieds. Maybe I'll beat @Rick Richard to a deal. 😂

I have the nx8-20 x on my 6.5 prc.I would like to try a TT as I mainly hunt 2 rifles.But I really like having 20 x on top end for my 338 Nm.my main rifle.And the cost.I also like to look closer at animal across a canyon and not have to pack a spotter all the time, at my age all the extras are catching up to me and high country muley hunting is hard.I was running about 32# on a normal hike and trying to finds ways to cut weight, web pouches etc.Same hikes are 10 + and its just wearing me down.