Scope for a 6.5 SAUM

Trappernewt

Recently got my hands on a LPR 6.5SAUM. Well it's on its way to me anyway. I have read until I have thoroughly confused myself searching for the "right" optic for this rifle. It will be a hunting rig primarily. What say you fine folks on a choice of optic in the $1000-$1500 ballpark. Keep in mind the cartridge and intended use. It will be used for antelope and deer in the east and west for shots to 600 yards max. Must haves are below.

Dusk/dawn visibility
MOA
Reliable Tracking
Durable

I am running the Leupold VX5-HD and the VX6-HD on my SAUMs. The VX6-HD has illuminated reticle. The VX6-HD will be pushing your budge but you can find them on sale or used here on LRH.

2.5-20 NX 8.
like the one on my table about 3' from me.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 82
My 6.5 SAUM is currently wearing a tt315m but started out with an 2.5-20 NX8 and it worked great. No problems or complaints I just wanted to try the tangent and found one for sale. My NX8 rotated to another hunting rifle where it is still going strong. I have never owned or looked at one but a Mark 5 3-18 might fit your needs also. Enjoy your rifle and when you are tired of it sell it to me. I have wanted an LPR for a while now….

My 6.5 SAUM is currently wearing a tt315m but started out with an 2.5-20 NX8 and it worked great. No problems or complaints I just wanted to try the tangent and found one for sale. My NX8 rotated to another hunting rifle where it is still going strong. I have never owned or looked at one but a Mark 5 3-18 might fit your needs also. Enjoy your rifle and when you are tired of it sell it to me. I have wanted an LPR for a while now….
You messed up! Your never gonna look at another scope the same 😂😂😂

There a 3-18x44 trijicon 10mi in the classifieds. That would be perfect, and it's in your price range.
Great glass, super reliable. It's mil, but that's a better system, and easy to transition to.

Recent Posts