Scope for a 6.5 SAUM

Twice as much !!
Hard for me to believe the mechanical aspects of the TT is twice as good as a NF. Now, maybe the glass is better but if your eyes and in my case 70 year old eyes can not utilize the benefits of better glass than what have I gained?…a little less weight in the pocket book.

I have 3 NX8's (C624) on different rifles. A couple Zeiss Conquest V4 and a V6 and 2 Trijicon TenMiles. Realistically I live in WV, I go West 2 times a year and I bet I don't shoot 300 rounds a year.

I justify it in my mind by saying what Lance Kenyon did in his comment. Why have custom rifles with "cheap" scopes on them. No way I could spend $3500-$5000 on a scope. I just can't do it. I could if I wanted to (looks over shoulder to make sure wife isn't watching me type) but I just can't stomach the thought of it.

Saying that I've never looked through or touched a Tangent, Schmidt &Bender, March or the like. So maybe idk what I'm missing.

Hard for me to believe the mechanical aspects of the TT is twice as good as a NF. Now, maybe the glass is better but if your eyes and in my case 70 year old eyes can not utilize the benefits of better glass than what have I gained?…a little less weight in the pocket book.
Did you not look through mine in New Mexico? I thought you did. The glass clarity is crazy and the turrets to me are simply the best.

No dang way your 70! Seriously

Did you not look through mine in New Mexico? I thought you did. The glass clarity is crazy and the turrets to me are simply the best.

No dang way your 70! Seriously
Yes I did and yes I am THAT old. Nice scope for sure, but not worth twice the cost for my old age…And you do know how much I respect your knowledge.

I used to be a Nightforce fan, & like others I thought they were pretty decent for the most part. But after having ran probably a dozen of them & had issues with 3 of my most recent ones I decided to move on.
Tried several different top tier brands & then tried the Tangent. Thx @lancetkenyon.
That was an eye opener for sure.
Absolutely the Best Glass & Turrets I've owned to date Bar None !! You don't know what you don't know till you've tried several. I won't go back !!!
I don't regret ever having tried all the scopes I've owned, but man I spent a lot of $$$ getting to what
I believe for my use is the Best.
So I encourage others to go for the Best possible optics they can afford, even if it takes saving up for it. If your like me, & Are Searching for the Best you'll end up trying a Tangent Someday.

I used to be a Nightforce fan, & like others I thought they were pretty decent for the most part. But after having ran probably a dozen of them & had issues with 3 of my most recent ones I decided to move on.
Tried several different top tier brands & then tried the Tangent. Thx @lancetkenyon.
Absolutely the Best Glass & Turrets I've owned to date Bar None !! You don't know what you don't know till you've tried several. I won't go back !!!
I don't regret ever having tried all the scopes I've owned, but man I spent a lot of $$$ getting to what
So I encourage others to go for the Best possible optics they can afford, even if it takes saving up for it. If your like me, & Are Searching for the Best you'll end up trying a Tangent Someday.
😂😂😂😂😂😂 @lancetkenyon got
me too! I think he's on their payroll

Last edited:
Ok, so which one and which reticle?

What's the difference in the Marksman and LRH? Turrets the only difference?

My Personal Scope:
Tangent Theta 3-15 x 50 Marksman
TT315M.
30 mm main tube
MOA. F1.
Reticle. MOA-ER

They have other reticle options as well.

** I'm saving up for my 2nd one for my next build,
Maybe a Big 30 cal.

Last edited:
I've been fortunate to be able to try the "best" of several things. I will admit the incremental improvement is appreciated when you experience it. However, the law of diminishing returns is real. If you have the $$$$ and desire to own the "best", go for it. I have never spent time behind a TT or other alpha glass other than a Swarovski Z8. It is probably a good thing, as I would probably figure out a way to justify it.