New 300 RUM for the Bulls

Was talking about Nosler manual with 125 gr. bullet you posted. Freaked us out. No big deal 😉 your in the right wieght ballpark. Carry on 👍🏼
lol ya, I saw that at the top, both my buddy's guns like the 210gr bullet,
but for what I want to do I think I might have to go lighter, but won't know till I load them and test them.

Outdoorplay,
I lived in San Bernardino Co. and San Diego Co. For many years if you are in Orange Co.. My ex wife worked in Tustin while we lived in Oceanside for 11 yrs. Divorced and lived in Poway for 17 yrs. Lived in Redlands for 20 yrs. before s that . Don't tell me your in Florida. 😆

Last edited:
My really likes Barnes 190gr LRX with Retumbo
I have some 190 LRX on bench now I put there a few days ago to try. Was trying different powders with 180 Hammer first. New box of 190 LRX never opened. I can't remember for sure but I think I have some Barnes 200 LRX but don't remember recommended twist rate. I'm 1 in 10. Have been working with Hornady 212 ELDX, Nosler 210 LRAB and 215 Berger Hybrid. Been using Bergers for 3 years. Haven't found anything to beat their accuracy yet.

Just my 2 cent ...

I ran the 230 gr bergers, Nv570 at @3036 ft.per.sec. Smacked a Milk Jug at a mile!
In a 24 1/2" old long range take off barrel.
Now that 28" barrel just gives me Goose Bumps ! Lol

Now I'm all over a 26" 1/9 twist OMR Carbon barrel hooked up to a Defiance tenacity action .
The Mesa Precision altitude stock feels great !
So far I'm pushing the 245 gr bergers right around 3000 ft.per.sec so far with nv570.
Found out the stock was touching the barrel in a spot . It's taken care of now .
Back to testing tomorrow morning.

Oh I'm sorry ...that's a Beautiful Rife you have !
I'm slipping in my old age ha ha !

Rum Man

181 hammers at 3500 out of that thing and run through the box .. aint much will stand a chance. cant really beat it for load and go

I'M a bit biased though 😁

I'm with ya on that 3500 feetsies !

except with the 175 gr Ascent bullets

C11398BE-AD40-43F8-84A9-0A570535D41C.jpeg

Outdoorplay,
I lived in San Bernardino Co. and San Diego Co. For many years if you are in Orange Co.. My ex wife worked in Tustin while we lived in Oceanside for 11 yrs. Divorced and lived in Poway for 17 yrs. Lived in Redlands for 20 yrs. before s that . Don't tell me your in Florida. 😆
not this week.lol in West Garden Grove, for a few weeks then off to Co