New 110 gr ELD-X in 25-06

I load 117 gr Hornady BTSP over H4831SC for PA whitetails. It's a mild load that kills like lightning. Tried other powders but my 25-06 likes H4831SC the best. Looking forward to trying the 110 ELD-X.

Let me know if you beat me to the bench. Have been meaning to get started, but summertime has me busy. I'm from also from PA. Outside of Pittsburgh

Hornady part # 25418 is out and looks very promising with an impressive claimed BC of .465

After learning about the high BC selections in 6mm, 6.5mm and 7mm, I had all but written off quarter bore. I ordered a box of these new bullets as soon as they became available. I'm hoping to find a load for my 24" douglass barreled 10 twist 25-06.

Anyone tried these yet? Was thinking I'd use 110 Accubond load data to start. If I can find a good combination, I think this will be my whitetail rig this year.

Any data updates on performance for these 110 Hornady ELD-X pills?

Summer this year has been an *** kicker. Haven't spent any time on the loading bench. Plan to for this deer season

Got a couple hundred when they first come out and have started load development in 1:10" Hart. 4831 has been my go to powder in 25-06 for years, not sure it's gonna work with this bullet. Hornady said to use their 110 gr IB as a go by. Getting a funky left right grouping at 8 different seating depths. Looking for something little harder than the bergers for deer. No problem putting em down with the Berger 115s at 300 yds on mule deer and cow elk last year, just looking to minimize meat damage. Will probably pick load development back up in the early fall with a couple different powders, not sure which yet.
I love the 115 Bergers but the are a little hard on meat. If I were to switch bullets it would be the 110 accubond or the 115 Nosler ballistic tips as I have about 200 ballistic tips laying around. But the Bergers just shoot so good. I e heard nothing but great things about the 110 accubond

Any one tried the 110 ELD-X out of the 25-06 on game yet? Load data and accuracy please?

Hey guys - finally got a chance to load some of these up. I had IMR 4451, IMR 7828 SSC, Hybrid 100V and H4831 SC on hand, so I started there. Used data from online, and Hornady 10th ed manual for the 110 Interbond.

Seated the bullet to just kiss the lands. New Norma brass, CCI #200 primer. Mild 40 degree day. 24" 10 twist Douglas barrel.

First powder I tried was the 4451. Worked from a starting load of 47 g up to MAX 49.2 g. No signs of pressure all the way to max, great accuracy, with all small groups staying under MOA. Velocities were less than I was hoping for, topping out at 2950. I didn't want spikes, so I tried another powder.

With a suggestion from my mentor, and using data for 4831, we used H4831 SSC and BINGO. At max charge of 56.2 I got better case fill and 150 fps gain with no signs of excessive pressure. Four shot string averaged 3107 with an ES of 6. Group at 100 yards was about 3/4" I'm a happy guy.

I may play around with a few tenths up or down to try to find a solid node, but I'm very happy with 3100, sub MOA and ridiculously low ES. Before hunting with it, I plan to shoot out to a minimum of 300 yds, depending on which range I can get to. Hopefully I'll get to see how they do on PA whitetail in a few weeks.

Thanks for all the input, keep your findings coming!

My 25-06 AI. 55.4 great of IMR4831. 3293 feet per second. ES 3 , SD 1. 3 shot group was .146 tho center to center. Honady ELDX 110 GR. No sign of pressure.

Shouldn't 4831 and 4831 SSC perform similarly? How long is your barrel? That's smoking fast

Shouldn't 4831 and 4831 SSC perform similarly? How long is your barrel? That's smoking fast
those two powders are not the same. Please make sure you get the right load information before you try that. They are not interchangeable. Keep in mind that my rifle is an Ackley improved . that's the reason for the additional speed. It has a 26 " barrel. by the way check out Robinette bullets. They have a hundred and ten grain bullet with a 5:20 BC. It will shoot way flattered with less wind drift into 6.5 Creedmoor.

H4831 and H4831SC are the same and interchangeable. IMR4831 and H4831 are different burn rate

IMR 4831 and 115 BT out of my 25-06 at 3050fps have been an excellent load for me. I have killed all kinds of big game with that load.

I think the EDLX will perform similar on game from other calibers I have seen use them. I only tried them in a 6.5 and couldn't get the consistent accuracy with them I wanted.

I am using the factory 110 eld-x this year. It is amazingly accurate in my Savage 116 with a VX-3i. I will be going after pronghorn and mule deer. I'm hoping I can do my part because this round shoots great.

It is my understanding that burn rates for H4831 and H4831SC are the same. The kicker, is that density is not the same, so there will be a difference in max compressed charges.

The ELD-X 257 bullet has taken a while to get on the shelves in Australia, at least in my LGS. I usually run Retumbo in my 300wm with good results even when temps are up.
Just ran a ladder test in my 25-06Rem, Tikka T3X Super Varmint (10T 24" barrel). Hornady ELD-X 110gr, ADI AR2225 (Retumbo), CCI large rifle primer and Norma brass, OAL 3.250", 80 fahrenheit ambient temp. No loads were compressed.
55gr - 2900fps through to 59.2gr - 3235fps with acceptable pressure signs. 58.3/58.6/58.9gr were all with 14fps. Now the fun begins tuning for accuracy :)

Recent Posts