Never Spoil your Bird Dog!

Okay…a couple more of my chocolate lab. He loves the snow and wood stove.
IMG_9624.jpeg
IMG_0332.jpeg

Roy,
Doesn't like hogs, coyotes, or possums. Great companion for the past 8.5 years. Has Cushings disease, diagnosed a little over a year ago. Will surely miss him when the time comes.

Attachments

• 20200729_194926.jpg
    20200729_194926.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 20200926_175434.jpg
    20200926_175434.jpg
    657.8 KB · Views: 59
Hey,

So when I was growing up most bird dogs stayed outside, were fed table scraps and cheap dog food. They certainly weren't spoiled. So here's what happens in my house now. This is my soon to be 13 year old Brit. She's an incredible bird dog, I'll hunt her half days this year and it'll probably be her last big hunting year.
Take Care
View attachment 450936
Beautiful

Hey,

So when I was growing up most bird dogs stayed outside, were fed table scraps and cheap dog food. They certainly weren't spoiled. So here's what happens in my house now. This is my soon to be 13 year old Brit. She's an incredible bird dog, I'll hunt her half days this year and it'll probably be her last big hunting year.
Take Care
View attachment 450936
We all love our dogs. I just had to post this. Thought it was hilarious 😂! I wonder if this is truely what he thinks of me? Hhmm......
7995.jpeg

I'm putting a big thumbs down on anybody who keeps their dog outside. Karma will get you.You treat your dog like family, or better.
You need to realize some dogs are bred for the outdoors. I had a Chow Chow. Not really a hunting dog. But she did do her fair share. In the winter that dog hated being inside. Just to hot for her. Now summertime was another story. She loved the air conditioning. I would not make her stay inside when she did not want to be there. After few hours she would let you know she had enough. I never had a dog that loved the snow as much as this dog, I would be willing to bet Husky's are the same way. Not all dogs are the same.

Love Brittany's! Easiest dogs to train. I grew up with lemon and liver pointers. I don't think God ever made a more stubborn dog. A friend gave me a Brit nearly forty years ago and I never looked back. I have owned and trained a half dozen since, a German short haired and a couple of Weimaraner. My son owns a Weimar I trained now. The only way to have a good bird dog is to spoil them. Use to have one that would go to the truck and load up if you missed more than three or four birds in a row! 😂 Said he wasn't hunting for free. 😂 My Grand father used to feed him the heads. Ole Joe was definitely spoiled.
Paladin300:

A friend who was leaving the country I was living in in central Africa left his weimeraner with me for half a year. About 30 minutes out of town we could hunt sand grouse and francolin. That dog would point and retrieve both very well, but francolin caused problems because they'd "creep" when he pointed them, and that drove him crazy. But he was a joy to hunt over. Great breed.