Needing Scope opinions for new Horizon 7mm PRC

Elkwonder

Ok folks, Im getting ready to buy my last hunting rifle and have settened on the Horizon Vandal in 7MM PRC. Now for the scope??? Since I am now semi retired, I hope to do much more hunting and shooting. The gun will be mainly used for highline shots on whitetails and a couple exotic hunts a year in Texas as well as the once a year elk hunt. I have heard good things about the Night Force NX8 4-32 as well as the Zeiss LRP S3, but was also thinking about the Burris Eleminator 6. I was told the 6 is a whole nother world better than the previous models. I have honestly always thought the previous models where kinda gimmicky, but have not had any time behind one of them. I would love it if I could keep the budget around $2k or under, but will go up to $2500 or so if need be. What all would you suggest for this rig.

Last edited:
Check the states you plan to hunt and make sure the eliminator series is legal in those jurisdictions. Legality aside my uncle took his bull with and eliminator 3 this year at 433 yards and dropped the bullet where it said and in the correct spot. I took my bull at 433 yards in the same chunk of ground 5 days earlier while holding over. Put your eye behind what you are looking for and see how it looks to you.

I'm a big NF fan and the NX8 is a great scope. A buddy of mine that has some Zeiss RF binoculars had kind of a bad experience with what he thought should have been covered under warranty - ended up costing him almost $1000. Optically the Zeiss glass is great, but after what he experienced, I'll probably never buy Zeiss...

Best of luck with your decision.

Use the advanced search feature and you will find dozens of threads covering scopes in detail.

For the purpose described, I would be looking for good glass quality with the ability to view in low light conditions. With that said, I would go with a Zeiss V6 in 3-18 X50. You won't be sorry in that choice.

Plenty of options out there with that price range. I was impressed with the new Leupold Mark 4 with an excellent price. I always tend to lean towards the better glass especially for low light and long range. I really like Zero Comp. I highly recommend getting your hands on all the scopes and look through them.