Need to shoot Problem black bear at night to save beehives

Another trick for night shooting with a predator light is to place sheets of plywood painted white as a "back drop" in the expected shooting lane. It'll help silhouette the target, making it much easier to find in your scope. I'd love to own thermal- obviously the way to go if you can drop the coin!

So, here's the deal, I'm a commercial beekeeper with hundreds of beehives in the mountains. We spend a lot of time and money building electric fences to keep bears away from our bees. Unfortunately, now and then, we get bears that don't care if they get shocked and go right through the fence and destroy our beehives anyway. Dealing with such a bear right now, a BIG one. Normally I can get a Hunter to harvest it but this bear only comes in the middle of the night and he can't take it after dark. I, on the other hand, have permission to shoot it anytime to protect my bees. So the question is, is there a thermal scope I can put on a rifle and sit 200-300 yards away and kill this sucker before he does even more damage? Thousand of dollars already lost and trying to save what's left. I know nothing about about thermal scopes. Thanks in advance!
I have a Pulsar Thermion Xp50 the more powerful one, but 300 yds is really putting a stretch on it, even 200 would be a bit, but would work. Just kill the dam thing and eat him up to pay for the loss, Also I have some hives too. If you need a contact let me know. or Foxoptic.com is who I dealt with, great guy Travis Fox

So, here's the deal, I'm a commercial beekeeper with hundreds of beehives in the mountains. We spend a lot of time and money building electric fences to keep bears away from our bees. Unfortunately, now and then, we get bears that don't care if they get shocked and go right through the fence and destroy our beehives anyway. Dealing with such a bear right now, a BIG one. Normally I can get a Hunter to harvest it but this bear only comes in the middle of the night and he can't take it after dark. I, on the other hand, have permission to shoot it anytime to protect my bees. So the question is, is there a thermal scope I can put on a rifle and sit 200-300 yards away and kill this sucker before he does even more damage? Thousand of dollars already lost and trying to save what's left. I know nothing about about thermal scopes. Thanks in advance!
So contact me and I'll tell you how to get rid or the Bear

These are pretty good permanent fences. We get some supplies from the state and buy even more ourselves because I'm so anal about them. Probably close to $1,500 goes into each fence. We have about 15 fences in different areas. The entire fence IS electrified and usually keeps bears out unless the charger quits which occasionally happens. This is only the first or second time that a bear has gone through one that was working really well. Even with one of our more powerful chargers. Crazy. Anyway, surprisingly, we haven't seen this bear in several days after making 3 attacks 3 days in a row. Wondering if maybe someone shot him??? At any rate, there will be more in the future and I want to be more prepared. Thanks for the advise.
there is a way to electrify chain link fence, which again adds an extra layer of protection, as there are no way for a bear to slip thru between wires then,
and climbing over the fence means staying in contact with the juice, which deter's them a little more so

or again adding a second row of fence , like a fence inside a fence!
as the business of having bee's will be a never ending lure to them bears, so more layers of protection you have the better things will be down the road to less damages!

but yes, some bears are stubborn and learn how to defeat many things, bears are very smart animals, and learn as they attempt things and once they learn what worked, they never forget things
I have 40 yrs experience working with bears , the things I have seen some do is amazing still even to me!

and bears do rotate there patterns and food sources,
like anyone, no on wants to eat the same thing every day, so they move on after a few meals some times and then return again down the road, if the food stays there
so, odds are this bear will be back!
as again they have life time memories of where food is, and about anything they learned for that matter!
and they also follow each others scent trails, to learn new food sources, so when one comes often, it up's the odds others will too!

and bears have about the best noses in the woods, able to smell things from far far away!

again, best of luck to you!

Infrared scopes great are pretty expensive for only occasional use. You might consider a digital scope and infrared illuminator as a lower cost alternative. Something like the ATN X-Sight 4K. I used to use an older model for hog hunting. You can use a motion sensing hog light (red or green that you can see with the eye) to alert you to the bear's arrival, then the infrared illuminator for identification and aiming. The only drawback to the weapon mounted illuminator is that you're blind for several seconds after the shot as the infrared light reflects off the muzzle blast. As an alternative, you can run a 12v infrared floodlight located close to your beehives and avoid the after shot reflection issue. You can record it for posterity too.

Ma=a-an, looking at your busted supers makes my heart ache for you! "If you can see the things you gave your life to, broken, and stoop to build them up with worn out tools ... " Kipling, "If"
Doesn't look like there are any trees in the immediate vicinity or I would suggest sleeping in a treehouse or a hammock!
This is a situation where "halfway" is a waste of energy that will only tear you down in the end. As for "removing" the bear(s), transplanting them into another bear's territory can only result in a nasty bear fight and subsequent fatalities. Might as well shoot 'em where they are. I have an old "Cap-chur" kit, but this calls for the old .30-06.
I might go for the live trap to get 'em tied down and located, and release & kill at your leisure/in the morning. It might be better to "release" and kill outside the trap than to leave bear blood all over the inside. Having a hunter acting as your legal agent to trail and dispatch Mr. Bear might be an effective defense from the law and the whiners ... check with your local individual game folks, and start writing some letters in order to get some email or hard copy answers in return?