Need to Buy a Nice Factory Rifle for a Fundraiser....Which one

Consider a Rifle package ready to hunt.
Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor
Vortex Razor HD LHT
Scope mounts
Rifle sling
Gun Case
2- boxes of ammo.
It'd make a good rifle for the ticket buyer themselves or great to gift to someone.
I would not buy that raffle ticket! Again, opinion, but not for me

2 years ago I bought $50 in tickets to support our local hunt/trap association. I didn't even ask what the gun was. I just wanted to support them. I did win to my surprise. I was a savage axis II in 270win. as I turned out it's a very accurate bush gun that shoots all wt class pills very well. I guess what I'm saying is, support not for the prize but for the commitment to community. Just my 2c

2 years ago I bought $50 in tickets to support our local hunt/trap association. I didn't even ask what the gun was. I just wanted to support them. I did win to my surprise. I was a savage axis II in 270win. as I turned out it's a very accurate bush gun that shoots all wt class pills very well. I guess what I'm saying is, support not for the prize but for the commitment to community. Just my 2c
I totally I agree with you! I can give money without a raffle. But if you are trying to induce me with a raffle, there are something's I do not want to own or support! I did that wit my kids school or other fundraisers. Write a check not a raffle!
I won a gift certificate at me LGS with from my professional society door prize. Bought what I wanted to support. But it was not a raffle. Paid $1000 to participate. The prize was $300!

Winchester model 70. Everybody will recognize that. Just a little story to illustrate my point...About ten years ago I won a model 70 in 300 WSM. Funny thing is, I didn't buy a ticket! Found out later my sister bought a ticket and put my name on it. $2500 canbuy a pretty classy factory rifle.

Winchester model 70. Everybody will recognize that. Just a little story to illustrate my point...About ten years ago I won a model 70 in 300 WSM. Funny thing is, I didn't buy a ticket! Found out later my sister bought a ticket and put my name on it. $2500 canbuy a pretty classy factory rifle.
I am partial to Win M70, but to echo a previous member, a gift certificate to your local GUn shop might be more appropriate

I'd buy it if I knew the seller or some of the kids it benefits, but I wouldn't buy any more for a Gunwerks custom than I would for this. Realistically, I know my odds are very slim. I've committed to giving my money to a charitable cause. If I were a professional gambler, maybe I'd think differently. I actually had an acquaintance at work hit me up for chances on a higher end AR-type rifle. Don't even remember the brand. He was working with an LGS. It was for his kid's baseball league, which he coached. He was selling the tickets for $20 each to cover his cost. I felt bad, but I could only afford one. I gave him the money in his office and he hadn't brought his ticket book in. I gave it to him anyway and told him to just put the ticket in my mailbox downstairs. At some point the next week, I thought to go check the mailbox. Never even opened the envelope he sealed it in. I really didn't care whether he remembered to give me one or not. Couldn't tell you what I did with the envelope after I picked it up. I knew he'd call me if I won.

At the end of the day, I'm giving my money away to help somebody accomplish something I believe in supporting. I would probably give it to them if they really needed it whether they offered me anything in return or not. I got caught by a younger guy outside a fast mart station the other day trying to get me to watch a fancy demonstration of something. I waved him off and said I wasn't interested in whatever it was he was selling. He politely apologized and said he was trying to raise money for his Church. I then stopped midway into my car and told him that's all he had to say and gave him the few dollars I had in my pocket. I told him I was more impressed by what he was doing than what he was trying to sell. I was the only person in the parking lot, and it was a hot day south of I-10 near Mobile, AL. I actually wished I had had more change. He may have taken the money and bought drugs for all I know, but he didn't look like the type.

Point is, many of us give for the sake of giving expecting nothing in return. Maybe not most. I may be a small minority. I still don't think the extra cost of a $2500 rifle over one that's half that cost will be made up for proportionally by extra donations because of what the grand prize is. There's really no way to prove that without having 2 raffles. If you know a lot of people, you'll do ok no matter what you choose to raffle. If you don't, then you still won't get what you're trying to make even with a Purdey shotgun or Holland & Holland rifle. Remember, you have to make $2500 in sales before you have a dime for the kids' event. Friends can become scarce when you ask them for even the smallest amount of cash.

You have an AMAZING sister!!!

I'd go with Tikka or Bergara or Browning and top the rifle with either a VX5 or a swarvski scope. Caliber should be something that is shootable for younger shooters and has enough bang to take down an elk. I'd avoid calibers that you can't find ammo for like the Nosler calibers or 65prc or 68western. The last two are too new most regular folks won't even know what they are. Instead go for either 308, 270 or 7mm Mag.

So we have been doing fundraisers for my sons class's graduation night. We throw a big party all night to keep them safe and give them an alternative rather than drinking and partying. So the question is what rifle....maker.....model......caliber? Opinions welcome. $2500 range.
Weatherby 100%