Which factory rifle?

thomas1234

I looking at getting a 300 win mag. I have a few other cartriges that just don't cut it and am looking at getting to 1k while hunting. Im looking at getting a factory rifle and putting a brake on it as well as installing aftermarket trigger and put a cheek rest on. I want to make the mods and have a rifle for a total of about $1500. A couple of the guns i was looking at are the Rem 700 Sendero in 300 win mag as well as Savage 111 Long Range Hunter. Im wondering what the most accurate factory rifle in this price range would be. I know i only listed two ideas but if you have any others feel free to shoot. Im set on win mag because of the popularity. Thanks

I like the Sendero better for several reasons. Better stock, stainless, heavier barrel contour, and 700's are significantly better looking. I don't believe there is a difference in accuracy.

The Savage offers a brake, an adjustable cheek piece, and a lower price. I would restock it.

senduro. If your looking for something a little lighter, but probably reduce your range a bit the Winchester M70 Extreme weather is really nice too.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts