Need to Buy a Nice Factory Rifle for a Fundraiser....Which one

It is just me and my opinion, since I live in the county this raffle will take place, I would bypass any off the wall cartridge that our local Walmart and few pawn shops do not carry. I would not look into the Weatherby Cartridges, I would look into those that are in these stores, when a different admin is in the WH, I would think 6.5 Creed, 7mm Rem Mag, 270 Win., 30-06 or 308 or 300 WM Out of those for a nice Bergara HMR Pro Series or Ridgeback I would think 7 RM or 6.5 Creed. I would add a muzzle brake and nice scope, my choice for a scope that doesn't break the budget with the higher end rifle would be Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56. Again this is just my preference and opinion.

Depends on the use. But I'd go with a Tikka T3 or Bergara HMR. Either will allow plenty of cash for a good scope.
But no way is a $1500 scope going on top if it's me. A great scope won't generate as much enthusiasm as a good rifle for lay people making donations...

For donation purposes, I put a Warne aluminum rail on it and let them pick their own scope, which is as much a personal preference as a rifle. Don't think he will generate enough extra to cover the cost of any decent scope.

As you can see there are a multitude of opinions. Eye appeal is a big deal when it comes to attracting raffle ticket buyers. You want them to say "wow" I think that is a cool looking rifle and I've heard they were real shooters. Tikka's are great shooters, but really don't do much in the eye appeal arena at least for me. Something different whether it is gorgeous wood on a fine rifle or something with a synthetic stock that similar to a McMillan. I can appreciate the comments about not putting a scope, but a good quality scope will further enhance the eye appeal.

If you want a $2500 all in 7mm rem mag I just finished mine. Bergara b14 hmr, Leupold vx5hd 3-15x44, alumina scope caps, night force base, leupold rings, Hellfire brake. It's a heavy rifle but it has already shot two 5 shot sub moa groups in 25 total shots fired. This was shooting nosler 160gr accubonds I had left over on load development for another rifle. I'm impressed with this factory rifle.

Stick with a name brand everyone will recognize. More people will buy a ticket to win something.they know about.

Let's see $2500.00 range nice your including the scope. Remington or Savage or again anyone that would give you a deal. in a 6.5 CM topped with a Leupold VX or Vortex Viper PST Gen II in MOA there are deals on scopes. A person can do many things with this combo. Oh and yes it does pay to know the majority of the demographics to which your raffle will reach etc...

Last edited: