Need scope recommendations 28 Nosler

Ended up taking the plunge and spending the extra funds. Here is what I got. Decision that made it was that rifle would also be used for Bear and in Timber. Would like to work up a lighter load similar to 270 and use for deer as well.

NightForce C622 NX8 - 2.5-20x50 F1 - ZeroStopTM - .250 MOA - DigIllumTM - PTL - MOARTM

IMG_5969.jpeg

Wanted to update this post as I ended up building a custom rig that I can use for most of my hunting needs in 6.5PRC. Ended up putting the NX8 2.5-20x50 FFP on this rig. Its almost perfect overall and weighs in total at 9.5lbs with thunderbeast ultra 7 and shown accessories.

Decided after some time behind this scope Ill go with the 4-32x50 FFP on the 28 Nosler. Especially given the extra magnification on large game to be able to use for Identification when out west and across caynon, or in tall grass. As with combat injuries I cannot stalk long distances and need to make longer shots. This would give me the best I believe for my scenario with performance, quality, durability, weight, and value in mind. Ive had issue with the leupolds turrent caps and scope covers on the vx6. That along with the nx8 being just a different beast and more akin to the equipment Id have on my combat arms. Gives me also peace of mind of being able to ensure it will not fail on sich a once in lifetime opportunity.

Rifle:
6.5PRC Custom Chambering
Gunweks Klymer stock
Zarmatt Arm TL3 SA Action
Proof 22" Carbon Barrel
Thunderbeast Ultra 7
Geissele rem700 trigger (wanted drop safe match type trigger)
Hawking ultralight tactical rings (built in level)
Hawkins hunter dmb
Hawkings hunter magazine

Gives me a max capability for 2.98 OAL with Magazine. Almost did a medium action but didn't really gain any performance on 156gt berger loads we use at 2.98 oal. Still fine tuning loads but getting 5 shots with averages at over 3000fps and grouping right over .5 moa. Just got some N565 to help fine tune these over the h1000 used previously. We just need to find some magnum primers availability!

View attachment 484259

Wanted to update this post as I ended up building a custom rig that I can use for most of my hunting needs in 6.5PRC. Ended up putting the NX8 2.5-20x50 FFP on this rig. Its almost perfect overall and weighs in total at 9.5lbs with thunderbeast ultra 7 and shown accessories.

Decided after some time behind this scope Ill go with the 4-32x50 FFP on the 28 Nosler. Especially given the extra magnification on large game to be able to use for Identification when out west and across caynon, or in tall grass. As with combat injuries I cannot stalk long distances and need to make longer shots. This would give me the best I believe for my scenario with performance, quality, durability, weight, and value in mind. Ive had issue with the leupolds turrent caps and scope covers on the vx6. That along with the nx8 being just a different beast and more akin to the equipment Id have on my combat arms. Gives me also peace of mind of being able to ensure it will not fail on sich a once in lifetime opportunity.

Rifle:
6.5PRC Custom Chambering
Gunweks Klymer stock
Proof 22" Carbon Barrel
Thunderbeast Ultra 7
Hawkins hunter dmb
Hawkings hunter magazine

Gives me a max capability for 2.98 OAL with Magazine. Almost did a medium action but didn't really gain any performance on 156gt berger loads we use at 2.98 oal. Still fine tuning loads but getting 5 shots with averages at over 3000fps and grouping right over .5 moa. Just got some N565 to help fine tune these over the h1000 used previously. We just need to find some magnum primers availability!
I wondered why the 2.5 x 20. I really don't see why anyone gets that scope when the 4x32 is same weight and doesn't have the eyebox issues some have with the 2.5x20. If you are huting in brush where 4x is too much you don't need a nightforce.

Zeiss LRP S3. It's a FFP with all the goodies. One of the best scopes I've ever used! Down side is, it's on the heavy side, but worth the extra weight.

View attachment 484259

Rifle:
6.5PRC Custom Chambering
Gunweks Klymer stock
Proof 22" Carbon Barrel
Thunderbeast Ultra 7
Hawkins hunter dmb
Hawkings hunter magazine

Yours looks a lot like what i built except AG stock and Banish Backcountry suppressor. I am shooting consistent one holes groups with Berger 156 over H1000. Magnum primers did not work for me but CCI BR-2 large rifle were the last key to tuning.

Just picked up a Savage Ultralite 110 in 28 Nosler. Looking for some scope options. Originally was going to stick with a 3-18. But the more I think about it and wanting to use the rifle for longer range hunts in 600-700yards range. Plus some LR shooting. I am looking at a Leupold VX6-HD 4-24 or NightForce NX8 4x32. Thankfully I can get both at a decent price due to my .mil pricing. But am undecided which one to go for or stick with the 3-18 for weight.

I prefer a dial for distance and hold for windage. If it gets too busy for me it affects my shooting due to vestibular/tbi issues. Hence me preferring simpler reticles. I currently don't have anything that is higher power than 3-18 or 4-16. And this is a newer stance for me with wanting to have the ability to take game over 600yards. Any advice is gratefully accepted. Including changing my stance on reticle choices and what scope rings are best for lightweight /durability. Rifle will be used mainly for western hunts or a mountain rifle with one of my cans to take up some recoil and report. Am changing out the stock as well to a carbon fiber bedded stock from AG Composites to the rifle.

Thanks for the help.
It sounds like you are going for lighter weight, I went with the Vortex Razor, LHT I got the FFP version, if weight is not an issue look at the Zeiss, I am looking at the S3 and S5 but again these are FFP scopes.

View attachment 484259

Rifle:
6.5PRC Custom Chambering
Gunweks Klymer stock
Proof 22" Carbon Barrel
Thunderbeast Ultra 7
Hawkins hunter dmb
Hawkings hunter magazine

Very nice! Keep us posted.

Just picked up a Savage Ultralite 110 in 28 Nosler. Looking for some scope options. Originally was going to stick with a 3-18. But the more I think about it and wanting to use the rifle for longer range hunts in 600-700yards range. Plus some LR shooting. I am looking at a Leupold VX6-HD 4-24 or NightForce NX8 4x32. Thankfully I can get both at a decent price due to my .mil pricing. But am undecided which one to go for or stick with the 3-18 for weight.

I prefer a dial for distance and hold for windage. If it gets too busy for me it affects my shooting due to vestibular/tbi issues. Hence me preferring simpler reticles. I currently don't have anything that is higher power than 3-18 or 4-16. And this is a newer stance for me with wanting to have the ability to take game over 600yards. Any advice is gratefully accepted. Including changing my stance on reticle choices and what scope rings are best for lightweight /durability. Rifle will be used mainly for western hunts or a mountain rifle with one of my cans to take up some recoil and report. Am changing out the stock as well to a carbon fiber bedded stock from AG Composites to the rifle.

Thanks for the help.
I saw a picture of the Rig you built for hunting in the 6PRC with the NX8 and it's pretty sweet wondering what kind of barrel and action was used in your build?... I've hunted elk in Colorado with a favorite .338 win mag 250 gr Nosler partition for 20 yrs and it has never failed Me. My rifle has been a Browning A-Bolt Stalker with the Boss break, but it's a pretty heavy rifle with a Leupold VX-7- 4x18-56 now considering a custom build that's much lighter and accurate. just recently went through a liver and kidney transplant at Loma Linda Transplant Medical Hospital in California but refuse to give up and have been cleared by Medical staff but need to be careful and think to upgrade...your thoughts would be helpful... homer433

Attachments

• IMG_5969.jpeg
    IMG_5969.jpeg
    931.7 KB · Views: 27