Need scope recommendations 28 Nosler

I saw a picture of the Rig you built for hunting in the 6PRC with the NX8 and it's pretty sweet wondering what kind of barrel and action was used in your build?... I've hunted elk in Colorado with a favorite .338 win mag 250 gr Nosler partition for 20 yrs and it has never failed Me. My rifle has been a Browning A-Bolt Stalker with the Boss break, but it's a pretty heavy rifle with a Leupold VX-7- 4x18-56 now considering a custom build that's much lighter and accurate. just recently went through a liver and kidney transplant at Loma Linda Transplant Medical Hospital in California but refuse to give up and have been cleared by Medical staff but need to be careful and think to upgrade...your thoughts would be helpful... homer433
Proof Research Barrel and bighorn TL3 Action. That said I could have gone woth a lighter action didnt want ti. So could haven gone with a Ti Action, Super Lightweight Steel or even the Highbred Alu/Steel Actions. Some options below with the action weight I used.

Zarmatt Arms TL3 1lbs9oz
————————————

Lone Peak Fusion Ti 1lb5oz
Terminus Apollo lite/ti 1lb6oz

Defiance AnTI 2.0 1lbs2oz
Defiance AnTi X 1lbs4oz

I just didnt have enough experience with the Defiance AnTi at the time to go with them. But that said if I did. Could have saved 1/2 LB. Could have also gone without a magazine to save even more weight. Along with a lighter optic. But those two areas where not a compromise area for me. As mentioned did consider a medium action to improve OAL to 3.210" instead of 2.98". But even with my 156gr berger loads we are able to get right at 2.98" without feeding issues in the hawkings hunter magazine and saved 2oz on the action alone. Probably nearer to 4-6oz total with magazine.

All said I am not knocking the zarmatt action. Its a great option, you can even save some money by buying prefit barrels and build the thing at home from Proof or other manufacturers. Though we went with a custom action and had Snowy Peak do the work on the rifle. They use the Defiant AnTI X in their custom builds and are getting the base short action rifles right around 6.5lbs. After a long discussion with them the action is very reliable. Yet, as mentioned have not had time behind one. I hope that this helps you out. The build I have is extremely pleasant to shoot with the ultra7 even with my custom heavy duty loads. Good luck.