need info on rings

You may want to look at the Vortex Strikefire as a lower-cost dot sight. It ain't an Aimpoint or Eotech, but not a bad value.

Now, I am always careful to state that my thoughts are my opinion. Try to make it clear I am not an expert. Don't know it all. Room for other opinions. Etc etc etc.

BUT

Do NOT buy a *** sight that looks like this picture. You will see the same design with about 10 different brand names stamped on. I would bet you $1 they all are made on the same crappy tooling at the same crappy plant in China. The quality and durability is dogshtink. You'd be better off rolling up a $50 bill and taping it to your rail as a peep sight. That way, when it didn't work, you could take it off, unroll it, and still have $50.

Not my opinion. FACT. :D

Good luck with your builds!
Vortex reviews seemed favorable for the cost. I do not want to spend much more and I certainly do not want to spend less at least for the quality that I saw, china china, and china. Vortex may be the way to go unless someone else has any other suggestions. thanks again everyone.( p.s. looking for any other opinions, options, Etc. Etc.)

I have not used the Vortex holo sight, but I certainly would not hesitate to do so if I needed another holo sight right now. I just ordered a 6-24x50 PST and am a fan of the Vortex line overall.

If you are going to use a QD type mount for your scope than I would absolutely go with an one piece mount. I think that the bridge between the front and rear rings is pretty necessary if you are going to be taking the scope off and on. I would be of the opinion that it will just keep everything more stable.

I have not used the Vortex holo sight, but I certainly would not hesitate to do so if I needed another holo sight right now. I just ordered a 6-24x50 PST and am a fan of the Vortex line overall.

If you are going to use a QD type mount for your scope than I would absolutely go with an one piece mount. I think that the bridge between the front and rear rings is pretty necessary if you are going to be taking the scope off and on. I would be of the opinion that it will just keep everything more stable.
I will give it a few days before ordering the vortex just in case someone comes up with something else to look at. Thanks everyone

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.