Need info on scope bases?

Scratch

Hello

Can someone please explain to me what 0 MOA 10 MOA 20 MOA etc on scope bases means and how do you know which MOA to buy.

Thanks in advance

Scratch

the MOA elevation simply means the amount of angle on the base. for a 0 MOA, there is no angle, on a 20 MOA, the rear of the scope is higher than the front, so the scope is angled down. When I added the 20 MOA base to my rifle, I had to adjust my scope 80 clicks or 20 MOA down, to regain the same zero I had before. Basically any mount with more than 0 MOA gives you more elevation to use

Can't give you any advice on what to buy without knowing more about what gun/scope you are shooting and what your intended purpose is

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the help and the links. I'm new to this long range shooting and I admit I don't have very much knowledge.
I haven't picked out a scope yet, but I'll be using a 7mm Rem Mag with 168 or 180 Berger VLD (which ever shoots the best) and I'd like to shot out to 1000 yards.

The scope I'm interested in is the Huskamaw Diamond 5x20 or Vortex Viper however, with that said I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks Again for the help:)

Scratch

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.