need help

dawg

Do yourself a favor, Call Vortex Optics and ask them. Their customer service is truly excellent. There may be a FEW companies in the world that can match their CS, but I really doubt any can surpass it. I am sure they will tell you whats up.

P.S. You know, I remember seeing the older 1" tube crossfire 6x24 having miss marked turrets. Some of them were marked 1/4 MOA clicks but in fact were actually 1/8 MOA. These were priced to move. Call Vortex and ask. :)

Last edited:
I might try giving them a call. I just don't want a rep to feed me any bull just to make a sale. (Not saying they will)

There is a thread, actually more than a few of them, on Snipershide forums about Vortex Optics CS. These are people in Wyoming, iif I remember right, who genuinely care about customer satisfaction. Their take on it? If they can really please the customer, he will tell his friends. They absolutely will not try to sell you a line of bs just to sell a scope. Straight shooters. Several times I have seen posts about some problem, and of of at least 2 Vortex CS people would jump right in the middle of the thread on the above mentioned forum and tell the person to give their CS dept a call and all would be made right. Period.

Now, if I could talk Vortex into making a FFP scope with the MP8 A5 reticle, my pocket book would hate me!

Gary

Not to confuse the readers any more, but I talked with Matt the other day at Wonders optics and after about 45min on the phone with him I'm seriously considering one of his wotac scopes

Matt is good people!! I've been rockn the WOTac for two years and I really like it, it is way rugged and you can crank on the turret to your hearts delight. It has a great set of features that you won't find till you get into higher end optics and the glass is great for the price!! Don't think a guy could beat it in the 300 dollar range or even in the 600 dollar range!

That's good to hear because I'm really considering getting one. Does anybody else have one of these? Also, was I right on the MOA elevation being around 100? What is it exactly?
Thanks

Lots of good advice all around. So, nothing against the other suggestions.

Compared to several Leupold, Zeiss, Swarovski's that I shoot, I have a Nikon 6-18x40 SF that has good glass and tracks accurately.

A good value for the money. ...and, you may get a good deal on ebay.

I don't own Vortex, but I believe Aaron Davidson of Gunwerks was pointing those out to me at the recent Dallas Safari Club convention. ...not sure which product line.

That's good to hear because I'm really considering getting one. Does anybody else have one of these? Also, was I right on the MOA elevation being around 100? What is it exactly?
Thanks

I think Matt says 80 MOA but I get 85 I think, plus 20 MOA of reticule if needed. If you want any pics I can PM you some if ya want to see something specific let me know, Matt's pics suck on the site and don't do them justice!

Go with the vortec 6.5x20x50 viper @ camara land on sale $250.00 shipped, 30mm tube 65 moa elev and windage. I bought 3 for christmas presents for my sons. They track perfect very easy to sight in. Great glass. They really like them.

Jim :D

Go with the vortec 6.5x20x50 viper @ camara land on sale $250.00 shipped, 30mm tube 65 moa elev and windage. I bought 3 for christmas presents for my sons. They track perfect very easy to sight in. Great glass. They really like them.

Jim :D
would you post a link to that scope? Had trouble finding it

ttp://cameralandny.com/

They were trying to clear ouy most of their inventory by the shot show. I haven't check since doug left for shot show. You may have to e-mail to see if they have any left

Jim gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.