Need help with 243Tikka T3 Thanks

I loded 95gr Berger and 6-7" group was the best.
Used H4350 and 42gr. I did not like this load.
I have not tried the 87gr Berger, if you can please send me the powder info for
the 87gr and how many gr measuring?
Thanks
Frank

What i used was 40gr of varget . Sorry i dont have COL for you but im not home right now. Velocity was 3250 fps

I often work up loads with Winchester primers because I have quite a few of them. They do very well in some rifles. In the Tikka 243, I wasn't getting good groups. Switched to Remington 9-1/2's and groups were quite a bit better. Tried CCI BR-2's and they were better still. Sometimes changing primers can shrink a group by half. I suspect the Remingtons and cci br2's were just cooler primers. Often, changing primers doesn't do a thing but twice recently on two different rifles, I shrank groups by half by changing primers. Weird.

I loded 95gr Berger and 6-7" group was the best.
Used H4350 and 42gr. I did not like this load.
I have not tried the 87gr Berger, if you can please send me the powder info for
the 87gr and how many gr measuring?
Thanks
Frank

Just curious... did you work your way up to 42 grains or just try that single load?

I did my new load with Vithavory 560, max. 44.5gr and 95 Nosler Partition. Happy with this :) On 100yard shot 1.5' groups and on 300 dropped 7.5'.
I think I will stay with this load for now, and try others later.
Thanks again guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.