Need help with 243Tikka T3 Thanks

Franki

243 Tikka did not like the load I have used, shot all over the place.
Berger 95gr with H4350, the other load was H4831.
Did someone used this load before? Not happy with it at all.
Can you please help me with some better load info?
Thanks.
Franki

Thanks.
Franki

The tikka will not stabilze the 95 gr VLD. I switched to the 87 gr vld and they are awesome. 1" groups at 300 yrds at 3250 fps with varget powder. The 95 gr shot 1/4" at 100yrds with h4350 and 6" at 300 yrds . You could use the 95 gr classic hunters

Thanks.
Franki

I used both powders you listed in my 243Win with the Berger 95 gr. Do the recommended Berger seating depth testing at a lower to medium powder charge, it works. Once you find your best seating depth, then do your incremental powder charge workup.

It's a 10 twist barrel so it won't stabilize the long-heavies. I doubt you could get a 70 gr. bullet to shoot bad no matter how hard you tried.

Thanks.
Franki
Franki,
Trm82 hit the nail on the head with the 95 grain Classic hunter bullet. Especially if you want to use the magazine. More information here : New Berger Classic Hunter Bullets | Berger Bullets Blog
The Classic hunter bullets are unfortunately overlooked when hunters do their bullet selection. Being a hybrid bullet they are very easy to load tune for because they are very tolerant of jump. In most cases you just load the bullet into the cartridge at magazine length and tune the load for your highest velocity accuracy node. You lose nothing to the VLD in accuracy, distance or performance on game. And the Classic hunter bullets use the same load data as their VLD counterparts
Take care,

The tikka will not stabilze the 95 gr VLD. I switched to the 87 gr vld and they are awesome. 1" groups at 300 yrds at 3250 fps with varget powder. The 95 gr shot 1/4" at 100yrds with h4350 and 6" at 300 yrds . You could use the 95 gr classic hunters

Does that 87 gr. VLD fit in the magazine and feed?

Does that 87 gr. VLD fit in the magazine and feed?

I loded 95gr Berger and 6-7" group was the best.
Used H4350 and 42gr. I did not like this load.
I have not tried the 87gr Berger, if you can please send me the powder info for
the 87gr and how many gr measuring?
Thanks
Frank

Franki,
Trm82 hit the nail on the head with the 95 grain Classic hunter bullet. Especially if you want to use the magazine. More information here : New Berger Classic Hunter Bullets | Berger Bullets Blog
The Classic hunter bullets are unfortunately overlooked when hunters do their bullet selection. Being a hybrid bullet they are very easy to load tune for because they are very tolerant of jump. In most cases you just load the bullet into the cartridge at magazine length and tune the load for your highest velocity accuracy node. You lose nothing to the VLD in accuracy, distance or performance on game. And the Classic hunter bullets use the same load data as their VLD counterparts
Take care,

I noticed the 95 gr. Classic Hunter stabilizes with a 9 twist according to the chart. Do you think it'll work in the Tikka/Sako 10 twist for the 243? I shot some 87 gr. V-max that did marginally O.K. at 100 yds. but opened up at 200 so I'm wondering if using the heavier Classic Hunter would hold at range.

My load of choice for a 1in10 243 is 42gr of IMR4831 under a 95gr Nosler bal tip. It's getting just under 3100fps. This load shoots MOA out to 300yds. The rifle is a Savage
Varmint weight "poor boy custom".
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

Mike338,
Our OPTIMUM TWIST RATE is based on a worst case scenario of 59 degrees at sea level. Go tou our TWIST RATE CALCULATOR here:Twist RAte Stability Calculator Updated | Berger Bullets Blog
And enter your data. BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE CORRECT OR AS CLOSE TO CORRECT ALTITUDE you will be shooting at. How to accurately interpret the STABILITY FACTOR (SG) can be found here:Berger Bullets Twist Rate Recommendations by Eric Stecker & Bryan Litz | Berger Bullets
With our CLASSIC HUNTER BULLETS :New Berger Classic Hunter Bullets | Berger Bullets Blog
in most cases all the load testing thats done is to seat the bullet to magazine length and work the load up slowly checking for pressure signs and accuracy until you find your highest velocity accuracy node. If you have any questions you can contact us here or at [email protected]
Take care,

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.