Need help with ladder

Bryan Litz tested the Shooting Chrony against an Oehler and several other chronies. The Shooting Chrony accuracy was off 0.7%, but it had reasonably good precision, and he gave it a passing grade for load development work. He seemed to like the performance of the CED M2 best in the <$400 category. The $800 PVM-21 was dog by comparison (poor precision).

I have since tested a Prochrono Digital against a CED M2. The accuracy and precision of the Prochrono Digital were both excellent. Based on Bryan's test and my own observations, I would recommend either the CED or Prochrono models.

This guy did a very good unbiased comparison IMHO ...

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many more of these on this Forum alone:
Magnetospeed it the way to go, if you think a Shooting Chrony is a good budget solution then just save your money and shoot drops, I have several Chronies that have been retired and of all the data I re shot only one rifle was close the others were up to a 100 fps of.

To the original question. There is no free lunch in finding a long range load. Your gun looks like it shoots the H-1000/215 combo extremely well and that's why it wadded them all up in a knot. It's impossible to gain any knowledge from the test shown. Either double the distance (not always a possibility) and reshoot the ladder or go back to 100 yards and shoot an OCW test. I had a 7 WSM that shot a H-1000/162 Amax ladder that looked identical to yours. I just picked a load in the middle and went with it. Turns out that wasn't the best powder charge and I ended up having to do a OCW test later on after wasting time and ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.