Need help and suggestions for moa rail and rings Current setup wont work

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet I guess the last option would be sell the scope and purchase a different one and keep the rings that you have now

Yes,
You are correct. I was on the phone with Talley today and they said I could go with the extended rings and that would work. The only thing is I will lose the 20 moa option I had with the Hawkins rings. Another person on here had the same exact problem with his Zeiss V4 44 and he had to use the same Talley's on his.
If there was another scope option as good as this is the same price range I'd probably go that route.

Mount the scope with a 20moa rail and have the scope too high on the rifle or go with extended rings and lose my 20moa. Tough decision for sure.
You need a zero moa ring set with an extended base and flip the back one.

I had issues using standard Talley lightweights on a LA 700 with a Zeiss V4 4-16x44. I ended up using a Warne Mountain Tech 20 MOA rail and Nightforce .885" "Low" rings and was able to position my scope exactly where I needed it. It should work with your setup as well as I've mounted a 50mm objective scope to the same rifle as well with no issues.

I went the med rings and zero two piece bases route. With a zeiss 44obj. I have a set of high night force rings if you want to go that route? $100?! Think they would be good for your larger objective...

20 moa rail and night force or seekins lows will get you close. What barrel contour does you rifle have? If it's closer to a spotter then even with Talley lows or the like it may be difficult to get the objective bell closer. Anytime your dealing with the cant of rails your scope is always going to be a bit higher no matter what IMHO.

This rifle has a 20 moa base, Nightforce ultra lit lows. Scope is a March 2.5-25x52 over a bartlein 3b. Can't get closer to the barrel unless I went with the Talley one piece lows. Hope this helps.

BAF4B4B3-E424-4B9D-8C0C-694017043190.jpeg
2F56A021-6AE1-425C-8934-04FBBAF1FD34.jpeg
68DF1A69-A9C5-454E-BB1E-94C339AEFC08.jpeg

Yep you are playing the "rings and bases game" it's always a bit annoying. What I have found that works for me is that I order several of each height rings and bases of a given manufacturer I want to go with and I include 20 MOA, 40 MOA cant etc and then simple return what did not work. Yes $300 to $600 worth of rings and bases.

As others have posted you are going to want to get that scope as low as you can and as far forward as you can to allow you to really drive the rifle. I often see too many scopes that sit too far back and the shooter is shooting off their back foot so to speak and I am referring to on the bench or from the prone - not from the off hand standing position - sorta like a boxer punching from the back foot instead of the front foot if that makes sense.

Ask anyone that mounts a lot of scopes professionally it is a guessing game based on comb height, shooters face dynamics, scope objective, barrel contour even space between scope rings can play a part there is not one universal fit for any rifle.

Nightforce low or TPS ultra low rings and a 20 moa rail. If the front portion of the rail is interfering with the scope bell, cut it back enough to clear and touch it up with Cerakote. I have done it several times.

Check out Kelbly's aluminum rails. They'll have them to you in short order. I'm also a fan of the Burris Signature rings with the inserts.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.