Need help and suggestions for moa rail and rings Current setup wont work

Yep! Like everyone else has said, a rail and good low rings. I personally think a 20 moa rail is to much for me. I went with a 15 moa rail from Leupold and low rings from Warne. No issues at all on the 300 RUM.

I just bought a new Zeiss V4 6-24x50 scope and Hawkins LR Hybrid rings. They were supposed to go on my Rem 700. The rings will not allow my scope to sit properly as the taper to the bell area is to fat. (Photos attached)
I would like the scope to sit lower if possible. I liked the idea of the 25moa rings but they will not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what you would do in this situation? 20 moa Rail with lower rings? Does someone build a two piece 20 moa pic. rail for the Rem 700 LA?

I spoke with Hawkins and where I bought the rings and they both said I need to change rings and go to a rail or change the scope.

I want to keep the scope.
I could use some advice on where I should go with my setup. I want it as light as possible within reason/price.
Two piece rails are available. Try Yankee Hill Machine and discuss your situation .

I just bought a new Zeiss V4 6-24x50 scope and Hawkins LR Hybrid rings. They were supposed to go on my Rem 700. The rings will not allow my scope to sit properly as the taper to the bell area is to fat. (Photos attached)
I would like the scope to sit lower if possible. I liked the idea of the 25moa rings but they will not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what you would do in this situation? 20 moa Rail with lower rings? Does someone build a two piece 20 moa pic. rail for the Rem 700 LA?

I spoke with Hawkins and where I bought the rings and they both said I need to change rings and go to a rail or change the scope.

I could use some advice on where I should go with my setup. I want it as light as possible within reason/price.
Night force rings and base

I'm not happy with how things are working out on this scope setup. Little did I know this scope is actually too short for a Long Action. When I ordered it I told them the rifle it was going on and they recommended the rings. They failed.
I just can't find a decent option to get this scope mounted and get it lowered to the barrel.
I can always return both the scope and rings but I'll give it a while to see if there are any options that will work.

a rail and some super low rings should get you there.

Having a 700 myself and also poor circulation I'd offer these words of wisdom. Be prepared to take your mittens/gloves off for loading if you go the single piece rail root. I tried a "Ejection port cut out" single piece and even found it somewhat restrictive for loading and cleaning. I went with two piece rail that offered 3 rail slots front and rear. Burris tactical rings. Nikon 4-16x50 fx1000 Black. I find the bolt handle is close to the eye piece but doable. Good luck.

I really like ARC M10 rings. I run a 30MOA rail and the M10 medium rings keep the 50mm objective as close to the barrel as is reasonable and still use protective caps. Sounds like you just need to find a rail your happy with.

I agree with the methods/options mentioned previously. I prefer Talley Picatinny rails...they are 20 MOA, lightweight and are high quality. Talley also makes one with a spirit level, if desired. Additionally, please look at the TPS HRT aluminum rings. The quality of these rings is unsurpassed at their price point. What I like best about the HRT is the top ring has a radius and is much sleeker than conventional tactical rings and they make a low which is great for eye alignment.

Obviously, the benefits of using a rail are numerous, but the use of it will allow you to set your rings at proper spacing. Be advised that the internal workings of power selection function may along the inner diameter of the tube at the rear....over torquing the rear scope ring could lead to a stiff power selector ring ....another reason to spread the rings accordingly. Nice looking rig! Please keep us posted.

On my Remington 700, I have a Talley one piece 20 MOA base and Burris Zee rings. The rings are tall but you might can use medium height rings with a 50mm scope.?
I like my set up.

Have you considered S&K Scope Mounts? I love their "sculptured" bases and seamless rings. I can highly recommend.

I have gone to picatinny one piece 20's on all of my 700 Remington actions and most of my other rifles. I prefer Nightforce rails and rings but if you want to get less expensive rings you might look at Warnes. Good solid rings and various heights are available. A one piece rail will allow you more options for ring placement as well as alignment of your rings.

I would scrap this set up. It is so 70s 80s ,very limited for long range. could you tell what cal the gun is and how far you want to shoot this gun. If you are really going to shoot to another zip code ,the scope needs to be higher . give more info on the gun and what you want to do with it .

I think a 20mil warne pic rail and the same brand 2 pc rings , in a medium higth , would fit and fix all your issues . That is, unless they dont make the one pc base for a long action. Might have to do some judicious milling on the base in the front bell area .as long as the area you relieve isnt in the area of the front base screws ( and i doubt it would be) it shouldnt affect the mounts strength.

That's why I always by one piece mounts.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.