Neck turning

Iron Worker

Watched instruction clips on "You Tube" for neck turning. One guy had a shell holder that he could fit into a chuck of a common pistol drill motor. Where can I get a shell holder like that ?

Watched instruction clips on "You Tube" for neck turning. One guy had a shell holder that he could fit into a chuck of a common pistol drill motor. Where can I get a shell holder like that ?

Lee makes one, and Sinclair also sells one (probably others as well). I own both, and avoid the Lee. The Sinclair isn't bad, but even it could stand an improved redesign.
gary

Don't know what you saw on You Tube but I sometimes use Lee Case Trimmer shellholders and lock studs chucked in a slow speed drill motor for neck turing. It's not a perfect solution (got to be careful how well you secure the cases) but it works much better/faster than doing it entirely by hand.

Even the Sinclair model uses lee shellholders. I love the Sinclair. Easy as it gets for all neck prep. I turn, inside/outside chamfer and polish in one step with the Sinclair. You won't b disappointed.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.