NAHC Question

royinidaho

I just got my regular shipment of NAHC membership stuff. Scratch and win and all. I was a member for several years ago for several years. I let it drop as there wasn't much that interested me.

It would be fun to test some equipment etc. but I never saw any reviews that really cut the mustard.

LRH seems to be one of the few places that gets it all done and said and properly review albeit in a narrowly focused topic (LRH). Its sure seems to satisfy me.

Anyone see any benefit to NAHC?

Well I liked the NAHC except... too darn many advertisemnts and stuff coming inthe mail that I neither asked for nor ordered. I like the magazine a lot and the members dont seem to be as snotty as SCI guys I know. Its the dang stuff that comes inthe mail, then you send it back and they bill you anyway. Plus they keep saying I am a life member and billing me and I just tried it for one yr. I let it drop last yr but they keep on sendingthe magazine. Since I only paid one yr I am not payign any more, same as with SHooting Times and Guns and Ammo, when the sub runs out they just keep sending the mag for free, so why pay for it.

I think NAHC is a good low buck concept gone bad by high pressure marketing. Good magazine though.

I'm a life member (did it for the leather jacket) but I don't see much use for them. There magazine had become a classified adds section for all things oudoors.

They stopped sending me s#!t when I refused to pay for some BIG book they sent and I refused to pay to send it back. If you are sent something "unsolicited" in the mail you are not responsible to pay to send it back. I kept wishing they would send me one of hteir knives to "look at." Gee, sorry, don't know what you're talking about.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.