Moving question

FWIW, Moved across the US from Calif to CT and back to Calif (7 years later). The move to CT was at the company's expense and I 'packed' everything and 'ignored' the liability issues. On this leg I left the safe and bought a new one when I got to CT.
On the way back to California, a move at my expense, I moved my firearms, primers and powder in my POV. I did have my safe, non explosive reloading stuff and second vehicle moved by a moving company thus avoid the PIA of trying to move the safe myself.
On my way back to California, I aways backed my truck & camper against a wall to prevent folks 'shopping' at my expense.
Once on the trip, when I did not feel safe, I moved all firearms into the motel room.

In the late 90's I made a move from northern ca to the Houston area so it was not possible to drive it in one day. What we did was find a truck with access from the bad to the box, which was Ryder at the time and we loaded the bed first so we could literally crawl from the seats onto the bed. Then the safes were loaded up against the bed and the rest of the junk I should have left behind went in the back🤨 we never left the truck alone, one of us would go and grab food to go while the other sat in the truck. We stopped at koa and slept in the truck surrounded by guns so we never left unsafe!!

You ALWAYS move them yourself. I like the ingenuity you all posted for the various moves, a lot of food for thought and practicality.
A couple of examples which differs from the above statement but things long ago were different.
When I was reassigned from Alaska (1972) I had a commerical mover (under USAF contract) ship my household goods and all my firearms to the lower 48 since I was flying out and had sold my vehicles. At that time movers would accept firearms (situations may have changed) but each one had to be recorded by serial number and itemized on the shipping invoice. All arrived safely.

When I was being assigned to Naples, Italy I did disassembled each firearm, coated them with RIGS and individually wrapped and put into an old military wooden foot locker. I drove them to a very trustworth friend's home several states away and left them in his garage for three years. When I got back to the states I picked up the foot locker and when I unpacked it, all were good but a PITA cleaning off three year old RIGS and trying to remember how to re-assemble them.

I moved my firearms and reloading equipment myself from So Cal to Oregon about six years ago. But I had a trusted friend that I left everything with until the movers arrived with all our stuff. If you need to stay at a motel I'm wondering if an RV (rented) with an enclosed trailer might be an option. Camp out with all your gear right next to you at well researched camp grounds.