CVA question

Nummy

Hello - my name is Mark (my screen name is numny)
You guys seem to know a lot about CVA rifles. I was adjusting to tripper-pull screw on my Acurra Plains rifle, and the screw nearly turned out with zero resistance, so I turned it back to its original position. When I cleaned the barrel I could hear a light metallic rattle, and then a small split-type washer fell out, which I assume was supposed to be attached to the screw. Deer season is just around the corner, and I'm not sure what to do. The trigger works perfectly. Obviously the gun should be sent to CVA, but I can't wait 6 weeks for it to be repaired. What does the tripper adjustment screw push on to?
If my adjustment screw isn't pushing onto anything, is the trigger's pull weight at the factory minimum of 2.5 lbs?
Everything seems fine, and the trigger operates like it had when new last fall - do you think I would damage anything if I used it for hunting in two weeks, then send it to CVA during the off-season?
Thanks for any guidance you can provide !

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.