N-Vision Halo XFR

GoosePilot

Just received my new thermal. Need to get my new 5.56 upper assembled and try it out. I spent about as much as I want to for this year, but I know a scanner is next.
20221018_082024.jpg

I have a 12.5" and will be suppressed. Also have a 12.5" 6.8 spc, but I'm not set up to reload those yet so I'll start with the 556. Plus only 22 cal legal for SD night hunting. 6.8 is intended for TX hunts.

you will use a scanner 99% more than the scope when calling coyotes at night, so you are smart to be searching for that scanner, also i have found that thermal binoculars are way more comfortable to look through for extended periods, and the binoculars with the built in lrf are worth every penny, its hard to judge distance on a tv screen, just something to think about before spending the money on a scanner

I want to do a helmet setup, but that's not in the cards until next year. Would it be worthwhile to buy something like a $500-1000 agm monocular or just scan with weapon?

I had the helmet didn't like it because of the cold in the winter, just never felt right, so I bought a pulsar accolade thermal binocular with built in lrf, scanning with a weapon sucks and you will hate it, but more importantly you will not see a lot of coyotes in time to kill them, it's just a fact, also I hate to see you spend upto a 1000 dollars on a thermal scanner that's won't have a good picture, it sucks but sometimes you just have to spend the MO ey to save the money if you know what I mean, I have spent a lot of money on thermal that wasn't right fkr me, so I try to give people a experienced based opinion because this stuff is expensive if you don't like it.

Well it's either a $1k mono or I scan with the weapon for a year. I'm in very open prairie and probably more spot and stalk or target of opportunity as I travel scenarios. If I do call sets, then 90% of the time there are not too many surprises where they will come in from.

The tipan 19 384 from AGM is where I'd start with a scanner and then go up from there. You can spot critters plenty far away and then ID with your scope if needed. You will use your scanner alot more than your scope so it may be wise to get a little nicer scanner but mine has done me well. The battery life is great and it's not too big or heavy to run it off a lanyard around your neck. I'd probably avoid the 500-1000 ones and start with something that's at least 384 resolution.

Nice. Just got a pulsar krypton.

I have helion xp scanner For sale If interested. I want to keep it but the krypton doubles as a scanner so kind of in a quandary

I want to do a helmet setup, but that's not in the cards until next year. Would it be worthwhile to buy something like a $500-1000 agm monocular or just scan with weapon?
You can't scan effectively with the weapon. Buy that Helion for sale a couple reply's down this page.
Ur N-vision has an integrated LRF, right?…

You can't scan effectively with the weapon. Buy that Helion for sale a couple reply's down this page.
Ur N-vision has an integrated LRF, right?…
All good advice in these posts.

Yes the xrf has built-in range finder.

Ya it's just a year here where I need to get through with no scanner or a very cheap one. Too many other irons in the fire.