N.M. drawing

charles bonner

The dept. has posted the drawing results( sent EMail To successful) hunters. Ididn't get the Oryx permit; but I did draw a trophy bull elk hunt, a deer permit and a javelina.Time to start scouting!gun)

From what I hear, it's probably good you didn't get an Gemsbok tag, as populations are well down. Hopefully they will allow them to build back up. I'd hate to get a once-in-a-lifetime hunt in a year with really low population.

I live right here and actually apply for the off range hunt.I just took a bull in March and really enjoyed the hunt.I don't like the on range as it is to controlled and too short.The off range is 30 days long and really a trying hunt;but with enough shoe leather expended it is a true hunting experience.Life is good though. I drew a unit 16 c trophy bull tag-first hunt.I am pumped!

What time were the e-mails sent out? Is it the same for all of you?

I'm assuming that since I haven't received one that my draw was not successful - unless they're going out on a staggered basis.

I drew the second hunt (sept 11-18) archery elk hunt in unit 15, antelope in unit 23 and deer in unit 26. I'm stoked!
I don't know if you have hunted unit 15 before.I haven't had a chance to hunt there in several years;but do know a little about the unit.The first time I hunted there I was in a 1959 pickup and it was brand new.Great memories.
My drawing results were sent out at 4:55 P.M.All my friends have been notified.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.